Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Thank you. I did seated Battle Ropes this morning and I am feeling it in my abs for sure. I pulled out the Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding and wrote down 2 pages of things the can be done seated. I like your idea of the bands. I will see if I can pick up a set.
    You're welcome. I need to get some bands myself. You can use them for so much, either by themselves, or added to the bar.

Also, Dips and Pullups/Chins are great and keep pressure off your foot, unless you have trouble with the dismount.

Dr advised that the shoe store put me into a shoe that causes more pronation, so in essence, it put more pressure on the outside of my foot causing the stress fracture.

I think I would have a talk with the store about this crap
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    I think I would have a talk with the store about this crap
    Im going to an Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow for a second opinion regarding surgery. I will also ask his opinion about the shoes and if he comes to the same conclusion, I will discuss with store management for sure.
    In GOD we TRUST!!!

My wife's a PT she says a pin, is the fix. I hope the surgeon has better news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Briank View Post
    My wife's a PT she says a pin, is the fix. I hope the surgeon has better news for you.
    If that is the consensus then that will be the answer. I appreciate it.
    In GOD we TRUST!!!

Dr advised that the shoe store put me into a shoe that causes more pronation, so in essence, it put more pressure on the outside of my foot causing the stress fracture.
    I loathe running, so I've nothing to offer on the pros or cons of barefoot running. However, the adoption of as much of the barefoot lifestyle as I can work into my everyday life has been of great benefit to me.

I lift barefoot as weather allows and in Chuck Taylors when the weather freezes the garage floor, Between Vivobarefoot and Xero shoes, I've found barefoot designs that work for my office, casual and recreational wear. Even my winter shoes are a barefoot design, though to be sure, I've got heavy duty versions of winter, hiking & work boots to use as necessary.

Some people have legit foot issues or needs that require specialized or extra this/that in a shoe, but I have joined the ranks of the converted in the belief that freeing and strengthening your feet will go a long way in avoiding orthopedics and improving overall foot and posture health.

This is just a screengrab, not the actual video, but it gets the point across nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I loathe running, so I've nothing to offer on the pros or cons of barefoot running. However, the adoption of as much of the barefoot lifestyle as I can work into my everyday life has been of great benefit to me.

I lift barefoot as weather allows and in Chuck Taylors when the weather freezes the garage floor, Between Vivobarefoot and Xero shoes, I've found barefoot designs that work for my office, casual and recreational wear. Even my winter shoes are a barefoot design, though to be sure, I've got heavy duty versions of winter, hiking & work boots to use as necessary.

Some people have legit foot issues or needs that require specialized or extra this/that in a shoe, but I have joined the ranks of the converted in the belief that freeing and strengthening your feet will go a long way in avoiding orthopedics and improving overall foot and posture health.

This is just a screengrab, not the actual video, but it gets the point across nicely.
    I have tried the barefoot thing and once I get this under control may go down that path as well. The image speaks volumes.
    In GOD we TRUST!!!

So, went to the orthopedic surgeon this morning for a second opinion. He said surgery is a last option. He would prefer to let it heal on its own and re x ray in 6 weeks. If it hasn't healed in that time frame, then he would do electronic stimulation, and then finally surgery. He advised it could take up to 16 weeks for this to heal. In the mean time, the next 6 weeks will be "Non weight bearing" so I get to use one of those really cool scooters, or crutches, or an I Walk 2.0.

Regarding exercise, I went through the Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding and found every exercise that could be done from a seated position. I have put together a 4 day program with all of them. Unfortunately, I won't be able to deadlift or squat for a while. I also did battle ropes seated yesterday and got one heck of a workout. So, I se how it goes.
    In GOD we TRUST!!!

Great time to work on those bis and tris . . .

Quote Originally Posted by prestojo View Post
    Great time to work on those bis and tris . . .
    and delts :)
    In GOD we TRUST!!!