Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CC,
    Great AAR; we owe you for the serious education in such a "witty and charming" way ("witty and charming" is in the Ten Stages of Drunkeness-twice). Thanks for doing the Job, and well, brother. Needless to say, and in spite of how cute he is, the Hyena didn't need company in the pellet-magnet club
    I'm buying the beverages when we meet!
    SF
    Greek
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Let's see. You're tactically aware, lead from the front and have a set.

You're obviously unsuited for contemporary law enforcement.

Well done.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

GREAT job, glad you are okay. Thanks for the AAR.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

Dear CC, I am not in your line of work, but I never miss reading what you have to say about your thoughts and experiences. So glad you came through in good order. your results illustrate the benefits of making a plan and good reactions to what the first contact with the other side does to plans.

Well an update:

Our safariland rep came by last week to show off some of the stuff we were ordering post incident. The talk of gloves (mine were shredded) and armor came up. Dude wanted to know what kind of plates we were using (always use an opportunity to upsell the customer, and our rep is a hell of a guy!!).

So he says he will send me some replacement gloves (he sent several pair and told me to find a pair that fit and give the rest to the guys) .

I grab my plate carrier and open the flap and out falls a bigger chunk of lead that I expected (I figured I brushed all the shot out of the PC already)

So I pull the plate out and damn, I gotta pretty big hole in my plate near the bottom edge (we use UHDPE plates so they dont sink us in the water) . I cut open the edging around the plate and Hey! it stopped everything it caught, but that aint a turkey load like CID indicated it was.

Time to go to the vault and research this a bit more. So we got three unfired 12ga shells and a fired shell . Result? The round was actually a 12ga PDX1 shell buck over slug , what they pulled out of me that I thought was pellets was actually spawl and frag, I figure the rest of the slug is in the bay somewhere.

Guess I was a little closer than I thought to Gregs order of the golden boomstick ;)

Oh , and until we get a replacement plate, I just taped the corner back over with gorilla tape and shoved it back in the PC (I have tested one of our plates with multiple hits and it stopped everything)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coastalcop; 10-06-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Say a prayer and buy a lottery ticket.

In that order.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Yeow!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Say a prayer and buy a lottery ticket.

In that order.
    Absolutely. With a prayer or twenty from this direction for you, too. That was about as close as it gets! Glad you are safe!

Thatís CLOSE. Damn, bro. Donít make your guardian angel work so hard.
    Virtute et Armis

Had a murder and another attempted in my county using those pdx1 shells. Tore the two victims up pretty bad. Glad you're okay.