Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trijicon Accuses Holosun of Patent Infringement Over RMR, SRO

I am not surprised. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/t...-over-rmr-sro/
    Michigan-based optics manufacturer Trijicon, Inc., has accused Holosun Technologies, Inc., of violating one of the patents that protects the Trijicon Ruggedized Miniature Reflex (RMR) sight as well as the Specialized Reflex Optic (SRO).
    Trijicon filed a complaint last week with the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) along with a mirror suit in a California U.S. district court. The company contends that a number of Holosun’s products violate Trijicon’s ‘541 patent, and that Holosun knowingly continued to market and sell these products even after being notified of its violation.
    “Despite knowledge and actual notice of the ‘541 Patent, Holosun has continued to offer for sale and sell the Accused Products to customers in the United States without the consent or authority of Trijicon,” the suit states.
    The publicly available versions of the complaint and lawsuit do not include the specifics of Trijicon’s argument, but they do list the Holosun products believed to violate the patent: HS407K, HS407C-V2, HE407C-GR V2, HS407CO V2, HS507K, HS507C V2, HE507C-GR V2, HE508T-RD V2 and HE508T-GR V2.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

It will be interesting to watch if this is another case of the ChiComs stealing USA IP.

Gay. The products only take the same hardware/mounts.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    It will be interesting to watch if this is another case of the ChiComs stealing USA IP.

I think it is mainly a case of the ChiComs stealing the market.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I picked up a co V2 because of reading about
    the lawsuit.

I prefer a dot, and I really prefer the V1's, which
    other than the 407k, the V1's are not on the list.
    Interesting.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Trijicon patented the form of the sight (paraphrased) "two vertical posts supporting a horizontal bar, enclosing a lens". Yeah, go ahead and design anything that doesn't run afoul of that. Ranks right up with Apple trademarking a square button with rounded corners.

So some, not all, of this is BS.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

"two vertical posts supporting a horizontal bar, enclosing a lens"

Does this not describe every other open emitter miniature
    red dot available today? It's more than obvious why they
    are only going after Holosun.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Trijicon is a pain in the ass to deal with as a business. They do make the best pistol optic, and the ACOG is pretty good, but everything else they make is third best in the market at the price point...at best. They regularly cut their own dealer's throats and there is one exec that has a gun broker account and sells product below MAP and under the table behind their own dealer's backs.

As far as Holosun, yeah...they are a Chicom parent company but I despise Trijicon so much that I am willing to ignore the Chinese Connection to see Trijicon get their asses handed to them.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I suppose if it punishes the greedy, arrogant, and unscrupulous capitalists to the benefit of the central command and control anti-liberty communists it may be worth it. Wish there were a better way to humble Trijicon.

Below is one reason I have a holosun on order. To have to resight a gun after a battery changes speaks to poor design.
    Screenshot_2020-08-19 HS507C_V2_20200331 cdr - 29cd719de9508ad751f27af4859c1957 pdf.png