Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default Tight room clearing with AR pistol?

Can you safely clear closets with an AR pistol, like the Commando or Hyena? It's my understanding that FBI HRT and the like prefer the SP5K for tight CQB. Otherwise, they just use a sidearm.
    Last edited by Shogunater; 09-06-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Yes very easily.... Hell I can do it with a 20" M-16 if that's what I happen to have.

"Short stocking"
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

Here is a case where a bad guy used a SKS in a closet to kill. If he could do it with a SKS, for sure officers with ARs could also clear a room.
    Watch the training videos for fighting in structures.

Closets or any concealed spaces are dangerous to deal with. In war a soldier would just fire a burst into the closet from distance or perhaps if possible use a fragmentation or incendiary grenade. Police normally are not permitted to fire into such spaces just because they are there. Below is link to a man that killed four policemen, two killed while Mixon was initially hidden in closet.

https://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/mixon-lovelle.htm
    As the SWAT team entered a bedroom in a clear and search operation, Mixon ambushed them, shooting with the SKS rifle through the wall and door of the closet where he was hiding. One member of the SWAT team, Sergeant Ervin Romans, was killed immediately, and Sergeant Pat Gonzales was wounded, hit in the shoulder. Sergeant Gonzales, Sergeant Daniel Sakai, Alameda County Sheriff's Deputy Derrick Pope returned fire. Mixon was felled by the barrage of gunfire, yet managed to fatally wound Sergeant Sakai before dying.
    Mixon earlier with a pistol killed two LEOs during a traffic stop
    At 1:08 PM PDT, approximately seven hours after the rapes, Mixon's burgundy 1995 Buick sedan was pulled over by two motorcycle officers, Officer John Hege and Sergeant Mark Dunakin, for a traffic violation, in the 7400 block of MacArthur Boulevard in East Oakland, one block away from Eastmont Town Center and an Oakland Police Department substation. After collecting Mixon's driver's license, Sergeant Dunakin became suspicious that the license was fake and signaled to his partner, Officer Hege, to arrest Mixon.
    Witnesses say Mixon accessed a semi-automatic pistol and exited the vehicle, opening fire without warning. After both officers collapsed to the ground, he approached them and fired execution-style directly into their heads,
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

what about flowing back and forth from hand to hand?

Default Tight room clearing with AR pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    Yes very easily.... Hell I can do it with a 20" M-16 if that's what I happen to have.

"Short stocking"
    Bro (original poster) - you got an answer from one of the most qualified members on this board.

Read his reply again. If you arenít familiar with short stocking ... look it up.

Itís like your shopping for an answer you didnít get yet.

Yeah, he's been doing that for 324 posts.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierofTheLaw View Post
    Bro (original poster) - you got an answer from one of the most qualified members on this board.

Read his reply again. If you aren’t familiar with short stocking ... look it up.

It’s like your shopping for an answer you didn’t get yet.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor
    Texas LTC Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

Shorter is better, but cleared tight spaces many times with a 16".

So have a lot of folks here.

If you're hot for an MP5 clone, it's your dime.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

CLUE - You don't need a sight picture

EXPLANATION - In 2021 we may well be deeply involved in a shooting war on US soil. Hell...we can't even do many classes due to the ammo shortage now. Remember all the times I told you guys to come to fucking class and learn the shit our brethren were teaching? How many times in the last ten years? Anyone?

Well its too damn late now isn't it?

If November brings us Donald Trump for four more years, we might get ammo availability again and we might be holding more classes. Don't wait because I will tell you what we are NOT going to do in the interim, and that is to share everything we have learned through risk to life and limb for fucking free now with those who could not find a way to train with us before.

Now is that day we told you about when this stuff will no longer be available for such a low price.

So sorry ... now where is that tear running down the face emoji?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I have enough ammo for most training courses. At this stage I need to review and make sure I have down pat what I have been taught. i could certainly use a coach to correct my errors but that is not happening.

When I arrived here at WT the glock and the AK were preferred weapons, but the shotgun and lever gun were not ignored. It was stated to stack the ammo deep and whether it is an AK or AR that principle still holds about having magazines and ammo on hand.
    I am equally concerned about other issues than just ammo and guns relative to surviving a Biden soon to be a Harris Presidency.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunater View Post
    Can you safely clear closets with an AR pistol, like the Commando or Hyena?
    Sign up for CQB w/ Greg Nichols to see exactly what you can do w/ an AR pistol (and other weps) in closed quarters. Best class I ever took without firing a single live round.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife