Default Endo question...

Iím contemplating getting an Endo set up for a G4 G17. (Suarez Gunfighter built a few years ago.). Iím thinking with it I can add to my abilities over just the handgun while traveling. For those times when an AR is too much, so to speak.

My question is this, Gabe offers the package in 3 levels. Assuming this is not a dedicated set up, is it worth it to go with one of the folding options?

Oh, 2nd question, has anyone tried the blade brace on a Phase 5 hex buffer tube?

I'm of the opinion that if one has a G17 or G34, there's no reason NOT to buy an Endo set up, even if the gun is not a dedicated PDW. You can always attach it when wanted. Travel, bedside, etc.

That said, a dedicated PDW is better...best practice to wear our EDC and have access to the PDW. You will want another G17 - Endos are only made for Gen 3. You can grind down the tongue of the Endo to fit the rear grip of the Gen 4 but it is a huge pain in the ass and very time consuming.

Folder - if you don't NEED the folder don't get it. I think for a non-dedicated PDW I wouldn't bother with the folder.

Can't help you with the hex buffer tube.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Brent is right, there is no reason not to have the Endo setup and if you don't need a folder, try it without it. You could always buy the folder later if you decide you like the Glock PDW weapon system.

I ended up making mine a dedicated PDW with the safety and folder. The folder does add some expense,but does make the PDW much more concealable/transportable. My PDW is 21.5 inches long extended, which about the same length as my 300 BO with a LAW folded. The PDW is only 14 inches long and 3.5 inches wide folded. I have had both folder mechanisms and I favor the more expensive one, because it is much more stable and solid.

20200907_111833.jpg20200907_111752.jpg20200907_101552.jpg
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

I had a folder with mine, but felt it added too much weight and complexity (yeah, I'm that slow-minded) to a great lightweight weapon package. I can snap my PDW together pretty quickly, not as quick as using the folder, perhaps, but if TSHTF that quickly I am probably better served with my carry gun until I get to cover/concealment anyway.

I agree that a dedicated Gen 3 G17 is your best bet for the PDW. I have one with a Cominolli safety and plan on getting my other G17 outfitted similarly. I do like shooting my G17 as a pistol, but ultimately it's paired up with brace.

I repurposed my folding mechanism when I added a blade brace to my suppressed Ruger Charger package. That was a game changer. ;)

FWIW, I often compare the Glock PDW to other historic weapons like the Sten and the Grease Gun. I have an old demilled Lanchester 9mm submachine gun, which weighs about 10 pounds and is more cumbersome than my SMLE Jungle Carbine; the troops back then were dealt a crappy hand, no doubt. Likewise, I have a Palmetto State Arms AKV, which is a 9mm AK. I love that gun, it's accurate, durable and reliable, and while it could be used in a fight, it's a pig for the caliber; best to use 7.62x39 for the weight and size. The RMR'd Glock PDW is to me just a remarkable and amazingly practical 9mm weapon.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Whether or not to get the folder depends on your intended plan of use.

If it sits on the nightstand or at a desk or in a secured spot in your vehicle, a folder isn’t needed.

If it rides in a short bag, then you need the folder. Briefcase, motorcycle saddlebag, small backpack, drawer etc.

Think about how you will carry and use it. Where will it go with you and where will it not. Circumstances where you would choose the PDW over the pistol on your belt. That will determine whether a folder is a good idea or not.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Thanks for all the insights!!

ENDO HAS ONLY EVER MADE THE BRACE FOR GEN 3 17'S SO IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE WORK ON YOUR END TO MAKE IT FIT. KAK'S BLADE IS MEANT TO FIT THE SPECIFIC TUBE, AND THERE IS NOTHING TO BE GAINED FROM SWAPPING IT OUT.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Josh,

Is SI still willing/able to install Cominolli safeties on these?
    Seems like Gabe was working on a safety of his own at one point.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    Josh,

Is SI still willing/able to install Cominolli safeties on these?
    Seems like Gabe was working on a safety of his own at one point.
    I CAN INSTALL THEM, AS LONG AS THEY ARE PROVIDED TO US. I HAVE NO INTENT TO SPEAK ILL OF THE MAN, BUT I AM NOT ENTIRELY SURE HE IS EVEN WITH US ANYMORE. WE THREW AN OFFER AT HIM FOR MANUFACTURING RIGHTS AND THINGS WERE MOVING UNTIL THEY DIDN'T. HIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN DOWN WITH THE LINE OF "CHECK BACK IN 2020" SINCE SUMMER 2019. WE STILL PLAN ON DOING OUR OWN, BUT I CAN'T SAY FOR SURE WHERE THAT IS RIGHT NOW, AS WE HAVE TO MAKE THE DECISION TO EITHER ATTEMPT TO FIND OEM HOUSINGS TO MODIFY OR ATTEMPT TO MAKE OUR OWN HOUSINGS

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    ENDO HAS ONLY EVER MADE THE BRACE FOR GEN 3 17'S SO IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE WORK ON YOUR END TO MAKE IT FIT. KAK'S BLADE IS MEANT TO FIT THE SPECIFIC TUBE, AND THERE IS NOTHING TO BE GAINED FROM SWAPPING IT OUT.
    Got it, thanks! I have a Ph 5 on my AR pistol and like how it works with the SB 4 brace. Just was contemplating...

I understand the “whittling” required based on other threads here. I’m willing to tackle it.