Thread: SIG overhaul

Default SIG overhaul

All,

Hey. I have a P226 and P220 that I bought when they still came in cardboard boxes. I'm wanting to overhaul springs etc. but am not sure what all I need to replace. If someone could give me a run down on what needs updated/upgraded, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Briank View Post
    All,

Hey. I have a P226 and P220 that I bought when they still came in cardboard boxes. I'm wanting to overhaul springs etc. but am not sure what all I need to replace. If someone could give me a run down on what needs updated/upgraded, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
    Round count?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

MAINSPRING (HAMMER SPRING), FIRING PIN SPRING, SRT KIT

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I'm not a gunsmith but I'd also include fresh magazine springs and recoil spring , seems like a cheap investment for some nice guns . Springs and a good cleaning and lube can't hurt !! JMO ...mike
    Last edited by mike28w; 09-04-2020 at 08:53 AM.

100% on the same page as ShopMonkey:
    https://suarezinternational.com/sig-...ger-parts-kit/
    It's a factory part and does nothing to your warranty. Youtube has good install videos.

SIG has a factory parts kit for $49 that includes all the other things you need. Note that they are model & caliber specific as there are different pin sizes. Includes: Decocking Lever Spring, Slide Catch Lever Spring, Trigger Bar Spring, Recoil Spring, Slide Pins and Grip Screws. You'll have to call Sig if you want mag springs, they and MecGar (OEM mag manufacturer to SIG) don't have them listed online.

Buy two for each gun and keep them on hand. I managed to destroy a unknown age/round count trigger bar spring putting my E2 grips back on after cleaning a few months back.

Al
    Last edited by Allen; 09-04-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI

ONE OTHER THING TO LOOK INTO, I HAVE ON E IN MY 229, MOSTLY BECAUSE IM CONSTANTLY TINKERING WITH IT, BUT YOU CAN FIND ALUMINUM MAINSPRING BASES. REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH YOU TAKE IT APART, I RECOMMEND GETTING ONE, IF NOTHING ELSE THEN AS A PIECE OF MIND PART. WE WERE LOOKING INTO MAKING SOME, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, WHILE HERE AT HQ WE LOVE THE METAL FRAMED P SERIES, OUR SIG LINE NEVER GOT WINGS.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Round count?
    P220 < 1K
    P226 < 2K