Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Look into Lee jeans. They have a variety of styles and are nearly identical to levi's

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Most days I wear Levi's 550. I don't like their politics, but they seem to be the only jeans that fit me reasonably well. I find most jeans are built for people that don't have any muscle in their legs. And it'll be a cold day in hell before I am caught dead in skinny jeans.
    https://originmaine.com/durable-goods/bottom-game/

Designed by guys who look forward to leg day.

I plan on getting a pair as soon as I lose another couple inches around the waist.

[QUOTE=LawDog;1964036]I also like patterns rather than solids,

Patterns hide better than solids, so you have that going for you.

and I prefer slightly heavier material rather than the silky thin options. I also avoid cotton--despite my current latitude, I've grown too accustomed to planning for hypothermia. Cotton kills in the cold.
    Cotton only kills when it gets wet and the combination of exposure and temperature are such that you lose significant body heat. In Texas that's not going to be an issue from April to October, unless you tend to go out drinking and then wandering around and passing out in random fields. And if that's the case I'd suggest that (1) leave your pistol at home, (2) Cotton is not your biggest problem.

Cottons fabrics like madras and seersucker are cooler in the sun and heat than most wools, especially "inner layer" wools. Seersucker is designed to look a bit rumpled, as well as linen. However this his is really only going to matter if you're wishing to present as well to do and to dress "well".

So I love wool and settle for synthetics.
    Most wool and synthetic garments are designed towards a more "Seattle Fit". Which looks good on the right body, but is *intended* to show the lines of the body.

You might look at some of the shirts at Eddie Bauer. They have "travex" line that might fit what you're looking for.

Are you looking for dress up clothes too, or just wearing around town stuff?

I always like the square tailed Dickies casual wear button up shirts. They look good enough for a casual office environment but not out of place for blue collar job either. I worked plain clothes for the majority of my LE career and those were my go to shirts.

All summer, name brand athletic fit shorts and shirts (under armor, Nike, whatever) with a good belt and holster under—pistol, spare mag, knife.

As long as it isn’t a form fitting rash guard, I can conceal a G19.

I dropped the “CCW clothing” idea a long time ago. If I see a guy with an XL plaid button down untucked when he should be wearing a M or maybe a loose fitting L, I know where I can find a gun.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

Thank you very much for this recommendation Mr. Anthony, I ordered a pair of these jeans, and man, they are a game changer. Very comfortable. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Two great clothing finds for me at Costco in the last year, for carrying:

1) Some jeans by Urban Star. They're just normal-looking jeans, but they have elastic woven into the denim, and they're a GAME CHANGER for mobility. Look normal, stretch great. You could do barbell squats with them and never get hung up. I bought one pair, and then went back a couple days later and bought like 5 more pairs. I don't think I've worn a "normal" pair of jeans since then.

2) Hybrid shorts. The two I like best are by Hang Ten and O'Neill. Slight edge to Hang Ten, because the material is quieter when you're walking and everything is silent. These shorts look like normal everyday slightly dressy shorts and come in a variety of colors/subtle patterns. Gray, khaki, etc. But they're super light, have great pocket configurations, are made of quick-dry material, are stretchy and comfortable, and have a drawstring AND belt loops. They're perfect for like everything. Can wear them with a T-shirt, dress them up with a polo or even a fitting button-down shirt. And they're amazingly versatile.

One day this summer I went for a hike, did a workout, swam, and then met up with some people without ever changing shorts. Seriously impressive to me. I own like 6 pairs of these things now, also.

Both of these clothing options have made my daily carry life much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrstang01 View Post
    Thank you very much for this recommendation Mr. Anthony, I ordered a pair of these jeans, and man, they are a game changer. Very comfortable. Thanks again.
    No problem. I was in Costco today and these jeans were on sale for $10 on closeout. I was going to buy as many pairs as I could get my hands on, but they only had fat people sizes.

There was another brand of jeans that is supposed to be similar in construction. I bought a pair to test out.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Keep us posted please on how the other brand does.

One thing I learned the hard way about those stretchy jeans is to always wash them in cold water and dry on low or hang them. A hot dryer blows out the spandex and they look like lumpy mess.
    Proud dog faced pony soldier... Whatever that is
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!"