Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I recently started down this path. I am feeling way better at 74!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger5 View Post
    I recently started down this path. I am feeling way better at 74!
    I gotta do this: I am 62 and VA says that I have 'normal' T. I feel unmotivated, do not respond to weight training and have slow recovery. Something else has got to work.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    What happens if for some unforeseen reason/circumstance you just quit taking T after having been on it for years?
    moore.jpg

In the words of Thomas Dolby...

SCIENCE!

It takes work in the gym and discipline with what you stuff down your gob, but a good doctor who understands how to optimize the middle-aged manís adrenal profile helps more than a little.

Iím 52. 6-0/195. 48 jacket/32 waist.

And of course the inspiration and motivation that comes from this TRIBE to do the WORK.

Sincere thanks to all for the constant reminder to evict the old manís sorry, sagginí ass!

7E5080AB-51F7-4C9A-94FC-B291F31E80CF.jpg
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Innocenti View Post
    In the words of Thomas Dolby...

SCIENCE!

It takes work in the gym and discipline with what you stuff down your gob, but a good doctor who understands how to optimize the middle-aged man’s adrenal profile helps more than a little.

I’m 52. 6-0/195. 48 jacket/32 waist.

And of course the inspiration and motivation that comes from this TRIBE to do the WORK.

Sincere thanks to all for the constant reminder to evict the old man’s sorry, saggin’ ass!

7E5080AB-51F7-4C9A-94FC-B291F31E80CF.jpg
    Ben fatto, fratello mio.

There's an pun in there, if I got it right.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by KarlinPhoenix View Post
    I gotta do this: I am 62 and VA says that I have 'normal' T. I feel unmotivated, do not respond to weight training and have slow recovery. Something else has got to work.
    Taking fitness and health advice from doctors that are grossly overweight and blatantly unhealthy is like going to a bald barber for a haircut. If you google TRT clinics, you'll find a plethora and you can get the meds sent directly to your home. I've been getting my rx from an endocrinologist for the last year and my insurance is covering it, but I don't expect that to last. When I was paying out of pocket, it ran me $200/mo. There was another clinic that could get that down to something like $135/mo, but there was an initial $400 appointment with one of their "field" docs and the nearest one was several hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSOCCRNA View Post
    I’ve been doing my 1ml subq of cypionate for a couple years and love it.
    SubQ 2x/week FTW! So much easier than the horse needle in the quad 1x/week and provides better results.

So my POV on a number of points made -

1). Good for you Chief!! 74 is still young!

2). On normal ranges. These "normal ranges" have been declining through the last several decades. We could debate why, but that is for another time perhaps. Here are some articles -

https://www.healio.com/news/endocrin...evels-observed

https://www.urologytimes.com/view/te...g-young-us-men

3). Normal ranges are established by checking what "normal" means for the masses. The masses are declining in their T, thus where the range comes from. Once a lab establishes that as "normal", insurance-based practitioners are bound to stay within that normal otherwise the insurance companies won't pay them. Moreover, since it has become popular for other doctors to point to testosterone for every other malady a man will see in his life, liability-averse physicians are loathe to exceed whatever the "normal range" is.

4). The cutting edge of this is not in the insurance world and if you want to optimize yourself, it will probably be out of your own pocket. Traditional docs think that once you hit 50 you should start slowing down, start doing water aerobics, and playing checkers in the park. One guy even wrote that past 55, sex once every couple of weeks was fine (if he only knew - he'd stroke out). The point is that many docs are simply pill dispensing mouthpieces for the insurance industry, and don't really care about what YOU want.

I currently do injections in alternating butt cheeks. Two per week, 100 mg each time for a total of 200 mg. All blood levels are good and where they should be to be optimized. I have heard mixed reviews on subQ. Cannot comment as i haven't done them, but my results with IM have been fine so...
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Last week i went to the Dr for the yearly check up. Asked him to check my T levels since we were doing blood work. He said no. Asked me why i wanted them checked. I told him i feel like im not building muscle after trying for over a year. He said if I wanted to build muscle i needed to do cardio 5 times a week. Not sure he knows how much he told me about himself in that answer.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

ďAdversity introduces a man to himself.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Last week i went to the Dr for the yearly check up. Asked him to check my T levels since we were doing blood work. He said no. Asked me why i wanted them checked. I told him i feel like im not building muscle after trying for over a year. He said if I wanted to build muscle i needed to do cardio 5 times a week. Not sure he knows how much he told me about himself in that answer.
    Wow, that doc hadn't a clue. Good call on your part.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Taking fitness and health advice from doctors that are grossly overweight and blatantly unhealthy is like going to a bald barber for a haircut. If you google TRT clinics, you'll find a plethora and you can get the meds sent directly to your home. I've been getting my rx from an endocrinologist for the last year and my insurance is covering it, but I don't expect that to last. When I was paying out of pocket, it ran me $200/mo. There was another clinic that could get that down to something like $135/mo, but there was an initial $400 appointment with one of their "field" docs and the nearest one was several hours away.

SubQ 2x/week FTW! So much easier than the horse needle in the quad 1x/week and provides better results.

I will check into it. I will be self-pay, VA says I have 'normal' levels and will do nothing for me.