Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Optimal performance is not covered by insurance. Pay the price in cash, and go Test Cypionate IM Injections. As an example...one vial of Testosterone Cypionate delivered to my home is about $120. That will last about 6 to 8 weeks. The needles and syringes are ridiculously priced. I buy them in boxes of 250 online.

If you fixate on insurance, you will NEVER get the best care you can get.

Oh, and patches...just say no
    I use Empower Pharmacy at $80ish delivered for 10 mls of testosterone cypionate. They are a 501b compounding pharmacy and are held to the same testing standards as Pfizer. If my clients want commercial testosterone, I stipulate "brand necessary" and require Pfizer branded test. To many issues with Watson and a variety of others available locally through the big chains.

As Gabe suggested, never buy your supplies through the pharmacy! I only use needles made by BD. All the rest seemed to be sharpened on a foot powered grinder in Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    What levels of testosterone are people aiming for ?? Weekly or every other week injections? Im or sub-Q ? Anyone including the use or aromatase inhibitors ( Letrozole) ? Who's giving the shot ? you ? wife ?

Thanks in advance ! mike
    Most important, treat the patient not the number. That said, Free Testosterone levels are paramount in monitoring therapy. Every lab will be slightly different and use different methodologies. Equilibrium dialysis is the method most frequently used in research but is slow and expensive. Results take several weeks and costs over $200. A study from a few years ago looked at a number of calculated as well as laboratory methods and found that the Vermuelean sp? method most closely approximated equilibrium dialysis. It uses albumin, SHBG, and total testosterone. Most will do well with FT 25-40 using LabCorp. At some point, lipids will be adversely impacted. Anything over FT 40 will result in an increase in LDL and a decrease in HDL. There is a fair amount of interest in receptor affinity with aging as well as lack of effect at the receptor.

I have been on TRT about a year and a half now. I'm 5'8" and my weight floats at about 178 now. I'm down from 215 from about 4 years ago when I decided to just stop eating grains and sugars and other bullshit as main staples in my diet. I can see my abs again and my pants fit like they are supposed to. It costs me about 180 dollars a month for shipments, labs and doctors visits. Some of the best money I've ever spent.

Glad I took some advice here and started lifting much heavier as well. Because of some previous injuries (war and motorcycles), I lift kettlebells, maces and do body weight exercises as well. But I've gone from being able to barely complete a workout with one 25 Lb kettlebell 3 days a week to multiple different workouts with single 50 pound bells and two handed workouts with 40 pound bells in each hand 6 days a week.

Sleeping awesome, My younger wife is struggling to keep up (I'm helping her through her own health/hormone journey) and the food tastes better as well.

And with the discipline of doing this, I have the freedom to occasionally enjoy some Milk Duds with our weekend movie night.

Never felt better and WT definitely helped push me on this journey.
    Masters in Warfare-OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Howsit
    I have done a couple of cycles, mainly bulking, and are in the fortunate position to have a great gp. He helped some pro body builders with there cycles and how to put them together. He suggested anabolic doc on youtube as a good referance. I have seen a trt video of his, cant recall the jest of it. When chatting to him, he suggested I clean up after a cycle pct, and then stay clean for a couple of months. After a long discussion with him in this regard, he suggested that I stay below 300mg per 7 days, as crossing this threshold shuts down natural T. How true this is I dont know. Also whats your guys take on test combos? In SA we have cicone pharma that has a test combo 450. Basically 5 different test esters of which some is fast and some long acting. Just dont like the deca in it, had great bulking on it, but decadick is horrible for me. Took a shot last week friday, cyp 250mg, after a three month lay off. Life feels more normal at the moment. Going to try this staying under the threshold, but not sure how I will know if my normal T shuts off. Any suggestions?
    If my time must come, let it be when I am protecting my loved ones. Let there be a pile of brass scattered around me and a pile of my enemies at my feet. Let my slides be locked open on empty mags and my knife broken. Let my face be bloody from biting the throat of my last foe and let me be wearing a necklace of fresh ears. Take me to Your Heavens and let me hear the laughter of my children as they reenact the fight and I will rest peacefully.- Edelweiss.

So...not a doc, just a well studied and researched layman on the journey. As well don't know much about what you can and cannot get in SA. But.....

TRT is not generally done as a cycle. It is a lifelong deal. Diabetics don't do a cycle of insulin...they do it all the time to keep their levels at the desired point. And while not everyone fits into the same category as the next man, some things I observed in my own case and now with several other gys with whom I correspond here on WT on the same journey.

1). You can go over the top as easily as below theraputic levels. When I started this, the docs were actually afraid of IM injected test. They advised 100 mg per week maximum. That was even considered revolutionary as the original dose was 200 mg every two weeks. I felt a little better on 100mg, but not that much. On my own I titrated up to 150 per week and had noticeable improvements. Bit it wasn't until I had a discussion with Zzoom here on WT that I upped to 200 mg per week that I noticed a tangible benefit. Within 60 days I had added ten pounds of muscle. An astounding thing, but my waist size remained at 30-31 and BF stayed at roughly the same levels!

2). It would be tempting to increase...more is better right? But be careful. Do a little at a time and check for results in the mirror, scale, and above all blood. I think it is important to do blood tests anytime you change something. Give it between 6 to 8 weeks for things to change then check. I think we have discussed what to look for in those tests.

3). As I said...many docs tend to fear test and stay on the super low side...but others, particularly the guys focused on pro bodybuilding tend to look at things from a Steroid POV...ie., do a cylcle, blast and cruise, etc. That is fine if that is the objective, and i can't speak on that although I have many bodybuilder friends, including a couple of IFBB pros, but the focus of TRT is to optimize your hormone profile for life, not so much a cycle to improve performance.

4). I do know that normal T production will slow down if not shut off. And stopping the TRT is a study in misery. I stopped for a couple of months a year and a half ago when I was being diagnosed for the hashimotos. I wasn't sure (and neither was the doc BTW) if the T was causing my symptoms. I elected to stop just to make sure. I will never do that again. So yes...anytime you intro exogenous hormones, your body will slow down natural production. If you were low to begin with, you will go even lower. Again, not a big deal if your plan is a life long process.

5). The bodybuilding sciences have an entire area of work on post cycle supplements and effects. I'd suggest looking there. But vet your sources of info because many are simply trying to sell a product or service. Nothing is free.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Ja no I agree with all you said. I did the cycles to bulk up, were tired off gyming and getting nowhere. Did a bit of cruising between some cycles, but after going on some hectic stuff, I decided to go off it completely for awhile. My T, according to the doc, were on the lower end of the spectrum. Had mood swings, aggresive and just in general unhappy with the world. Can still remember after pinning the first time, cyp and deca, about 400mg, the day after it felt like my whole body were laughing. Yes most people may say its to quick etc. But that were my experience. Maybe all in the mind. I pinned now last week again, and will try this just as supplementation(if that is actually possible) but I am allready feeling much better. I like my gp, youngster still, but thinks outside the box. I will probably not do another cycle again, blood pressure high and cholesterol were off the charts. Maybe the best way to actually do it is as you say, go by how you feel, and just get blood work done.

Cheers
    If my time must come, let it be when I am protecting my loved ones. Let there be a pile of brass scattered around me and a pile of my enemies at my feet. Let my slides be locked open on empty mags and my knife broken. Let my face be bloody from biting the throat of my last foe and let me be wearing a necklace of fresh ears. Take me to Your Heavens and let me hear the laughter of my children as they reenact the fight and I will rest peacefully.- Edelweiss.