Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    592
    The SGL went up on GunBroker last night. It's already over $2K. This will be amusing to watch...will it or won't it crack $3K?

    I'm probably going to hold onto the generic, just to have one. But the prices are so high that the Krebs might go on the auction block.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    The SGL went up on GunBroker last night. It's already over $2K. This will be amusing to watch...will it or won't it crack $3K?

    I'm probably going to hold onto the generic, just to have one. But the prices are so high that the Krebs might go on the auction block.
    I'll be interested to know how the listing went. I've got a Saiga 7.62x39 I converted myself back when they were the craze. I still like the rifle, but I'm seeing stupid prices for these and can't help thinking I could probably get enough out of it for a quality AR rifle and AR pistol.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,363
    Keep them all and buy more shit..... Quality m4 223 and 300.....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,363
    There may be a day in the future where we might need and canít buy anymore.....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Keep them all and buy more shit..... Quality m4 223 and 300.....
    Yeah, I know this is always the correct answer! I've later regretted it just about every time I've ever sold a firearm!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods Drifter View Post
    I'll be interested to know how the listing went.
    It's currently at $2,225, closing next Sunday (I didn't want to close it on a holiday weekend). I put in a "Buy it Now" of $3,100...which I'm thinking might just be the way it closes.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Keep them all and buy more
    Surely you don't think I'm getting out entirely, do you? Oh, no. I'm stocked with ARs, AKs, a couple of 7.62 rifles, and several Garands. Plus the serious competition hardware (which loads from the front end). And the serious collectibles (cased duelling pistols). But gun vaults are like men's wallets and women's purses - all three should occasionally be cleaned out.

    There have been guns I've regretted selling...but not when I'm keeping a depth chart full of stuff I never got around to shooting. This is a dandy time to sell off your entry-level ARs and AKs, take the money, and buy better.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post

    There have been guns I've regretted selling...but not when I'm keeping a depth chart full of stuff I never got around to shooting. This is a dandy time to sell off your entry-level ARs and AKs, take the money, and buy better.
    Yes, it really is a good time to sell. I seriously wouldn't regret letting go of that Saiga for the prices I see them going for. I think I paid $329 for it brand new in the Sporter configuration in 2008, and have maybe another $4-500 in it with the conversion, that includes an ACE folding stock and Krebs rail. Good luck with your auction. That would be awesome if you get your buy it now price!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    592
    Final sale price: $2,825.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    Final sale price: $2,825.
    Thanks for the update. That's a fantastic price, I'd say. I will make the decision whether to list mine or not after the 1st of October.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •