Hybrid View

Default Which AK to sell?

I'd like some input here...I'm considering selling one of my three AK-74s. But which one? I have:

1. Arsenal SGL31-68. New in box. I looked at prices on GunBroker and they are sky-high.
    2. Krebs Saiga conversion. I haven't shot this, either.
    3. A generic AK professionally built from a Bulgarian parts kit on a Nodak Spud receiver. Not as pretty as the first two, but functional.

So, do I sell one of the high-end AKs, or the cheap one? I'm not desperate for the money, but could use it to buy something else...and this is a really good time to sell high.

I'd sell the Saiga SGL31. I may well be wrong but looking at the prices of NIB Chinese AKs that haven't been imported in decades, I think this is a very good time to sell an SGL of any sort.
    Repetition is not truth.

"Hope is not a method and wishes are not plans."
    Gen. Carl Vuono, USA

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
    Charles Baudelaire

KRG, SUT, PSP, RG

+1 on the SGL. I sold mine, made almost triple the amount I originally paid for it. Actually sold off all my AKs except 1. Just to keep around, have fun, and be familiar with the manual of arms. It goes bang every time and was my entry when started training with SI and Jon Payne. Good luck on your sale and whichever you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by golucky View Post
    +1 on the SGL. I sold mine, made almost triple the amount I originally paid for it. Actually sold off all my AKs except 1. Just to keep around, have fun, and be familiar with the manual of arms. It goes bang every time and was my entry when started training with SI and Jon Payne. Good luck on your sale and whichever you decide.

I still have my AKs and SKSs, but will likely sell them once I am 100% convinced that the ARs that I have do the job better for me. I am about 99% sure at the moment. The AKs and SKSs will likely only go up in value. The only down side would be if they are completely banned to the point that selling them becomes illegal.
    The longer you hold them the more they will worth if Biden wins the election. If Trump wins then the rush for guns will be less, but excombloc guns will still have substantial value compared to what I paid for them 20 years ago.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Honestly...my POV...sell them all and by M4 lowers and uppers in 5,56 vor 300 BO
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Sell the SGL 31 and take some profits. If you can get a crazy price, then sell the Krebs as well. I would keep the cheap one as it is beneficial to have 1 rifle in an available caliber for training purposes when ammo prices are insane.

Most of us have cases of ammo but for those who don't, AK ammo is still available at a moderate markup. 5.56 is hard to find now and when you can find it, you will be punished for being unprepared or being late to the game. New ammo seems to be going for 75 cents/round for 5.56 compared to a 7.62 or 5.45 price of 35 cents/round.