Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draco

Default Draco

Not mine. It belongs to a fellow club member. With a folding brace, it might be just the thing to fit into a suitable bag for use against rioters.

I have no idea if they are reliable. it was called a micro-draco. I have a folding brace that fits a glock from SI and I might use that.

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

There are advantages and disadvantages. If you're invested in the AK then its viable, if you're into ARs I'd recommend. 300bo AR
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    There are advantages and disadvantages. If you're invested in the AK then its viable, if you're into ARs I'd recommend. 300bo AR

I have both short barrel AR uppers in 7.62x39 and 300 black out with 7.5 inch barrels. But they are just not as compact as that micro-draco looks to be. That is what caught my attention. If you leave your vehicle and you take weapons with you, it is a good idea if it can be stowed out of sight in your carrying bag once out of immediate danger; the silhouette of an assault like rifle being visible could cause you some serious problems as you travel on foot away from the fray. Right now I think the glock with a brace is the best choice available to me if I want it concealable.
    I need to get an RMR on the glock brace set up that I now have and see what it will do.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The muzzle blast/fireball should serve well to keep antagonists out of your immediate forward arc.

Human beings aren’t the top of the food chain because we’re just so clever. We’re there because deep inside we are the most homicidal animal on the planet, and sometimes that animal isn’t buried all that deep.

"Last edited by Boetman; 10-21-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: confuckulated "

In my experience they were unreliable in the mini/micro version. The VERY short piston kept coming out of the gas tube jamming everything up.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ~Heraclitus

CRG-1/CRG-2

I have it's much larger sibling, the "Draco" Draco. Braced it up and used it as part of my ensemble cast for Randy Harris' Kalashikov Rifle Gunfighting course last October. Ran like a sewing machine. I hadn't really run this one as it proved it's reliability and moved to guard duty on occasion in various vehicles. My take away with this particular model is that it was really accurate for what it is ( 1", iron sights, prone @ 25 yd). it was on par with every other rifle on the line. During a break, I wandered over to the long range and was about 3 hits out of 4 at what I think was a 12" steel plate at 200 yds.
    More than "rioter" accurate, I'd say.
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, 10/12 - 10/13/19
    Advanced Kalashnikov Gunfighting 10/11 - 10/12/20
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris

AK Prone.JPG

Here I am sighting in said device.
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, 10/12 - 10/13/19
    Advanced Kalashnikov Gunfighting 10/11 - 10/12/20
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris

Like the 300 blackout, the 7.62x39 preforms well velocity wise in short barrels, but there is a bit flash and a lot of blast. Even with better commercial loads I do not feel the issue is well addressed in the 7.62x39.
    I need to compared top supersonic 300 black out loads with 7.62x39 reloads using good bullets to see which has the bigger blast in short barrels. I assume that the 7.62x39 will be the loudest by far.

I bet you're right about that. The 300blk has a lot of win going for it. Modern engineering and first world production methodology are good things. X39 does well in short barrels, but 300blk is literally designed for short barrels. I can't help but think that the best balance of delivered whoopass and muzzle blast will be the 300blk.

Never played with a Mini Draco. I mentally dismissed them as range toys. I did handle one in a friend's store and it certainly was compact. I still have a bit of x39 ammo and a rifle or two I don't shoot as much as I used to, so if one of those fell into my hands I probably wouldn't turn my nose up at it. Looking forward to any range results you may post.

The major niche of the mini-Draco is its ability to have its brace folded and still fire unlike more ARs.

Someone elsewhere posted a new AR BCG that does not use an external buffer tube that may be able to take a folding brace and still fire when folded. I have not yet seen a picture of an assembled pistol or know anything more about it.