Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by M_P_E View Post
    Attachment 60340

When the level 4 plates you have stashed next to your level 3 plates in your bedroom plate locker isn't enough for the local BLM party. And just think how many KelTecs you can stash inside!

No kidding. What a resource those would be. Wonder where you could find something like that? Thehighroad? Glocktalk? Hmmm.

Thanks for finding them again, too. It has been a while, always worth a re-read.
    Even I would have a hard time bending metal on that one. No more DRBs!
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Boy you guys roasted me good in this thread, but I think you missed the point I was trying to make, and that is the options you allow yourself. My level 4 plates with all the gear is heavy as hell, and I would not choose it unless I thought is was the best choice, but at least I do have that option if I choose. I do have the choice to wear no armor with a simple assault vest. I have the option of carrying 18 or even more mags if I choose to. Would I? Normally not, but I do have the option. BLM riot close by, I would throw on a light level III a vest, a bandolier of shotgun shells and my shotgun, as I do have that option, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ronlassit View Post
    Boy you guys roasted me good in this thread
    They were pretty gentle, and they gave you good information. If you come to the group asking questions, you need to keep your mind open to the answers. But your presentation indicates that you've already chosen a course of action, and you simply want affirmation. One of the characteristics of WT that makes it most useful is that we don't just post photos of our pimped-out ARs on Reddit and wait for everyone to hit the 'like' button. You will get legitimate criticism, which is what you got here.

I wasn't familiar with 'Dig the Rig' until I saw one of Greg Ellifritz's 'Don't Dig the Rig' critiques. The original is a way for people to post photos of their Hi-Points in Uncle Mike's holsters and get lots of applause. Greg culls the most hilarious examples and rips them to shreds. There is a world full of idiots who will pat you on the back and tell you that you're doing great. Those are not your friends. Your real friends will tell you when you are screwing up. They will try to help you do better. Listen to your real friends.
    Virtute et Armis

I do understand and fully agree about the mobility factor. It is not the absolute priority, survival is. If Antifa confronted me, it would be at my residence, which I will attempt to protect. I am in a defensive position with very little movement available. I use what advantages I have, such as the fact that I have a brick structure that provides decent protection from small arms fire. I use the knowledge of how my home is laid out, and where I can confront people with the least exposure. I expect the confrontation to be sharp and brief. I would choose heavy plates in that situation to give myself the best chance for survival. I am a pretty good sized guy at 6-2 around 225 lbs, and in very good condition for my age. The actual weight of plates doesn't impede my ability to move much at all within the first hour, and that does not take into consideration the adrenaline factor. I am not planning to bust down doors or engage an enemy in an assault situation, but if I ever have to, I have the equipment to do so. Those would require a totally different mindset and different kit to be effective, which is my point, to be able to match the kit to the mission.

I do understand and fully agree about the mobility factor. It is not the absolute priority, survival is. If Antifa confronted me, it would be at my residence, which I will attempt to protect. I am in a defensive position with very little movement available. I use what advantages I have, such as the fact that I have a brick structure that provides decent protection from small arms fire. I use the knowledge of how my home is laid out, and where I can confront people with the least exposure. I expect the confrontation to be sharp and brief. I would choose heavy plates in that situation to give myself the best chance for survival. I am a pretty good sized guy at 6-2 around 225 lbs, and in very good condition for my age. The actual weight of plates doesn't impede my ability to move much at all within the first hour, and that does not take into consideration the adrenaline factor. I am not planning to bust down doors or engage an enemy in an assault situation, but if I ever have to, I have the equipment to do so. Those would require a totally different mindset and different kit to be effective, which is my point, to be able to match the kit to the mission.
    Fair enough.

Two questions:
    1, have you tried your kit out while adapting and maintaining a variety firing positions including kneeling and prone? Can you get in those positions easily and comfortably enough to maintain them for 10 to 20 minutes or more if you had to?
    2. have you considered ease of mobility if you have to move from room to room?

These, along with weight and accessibility of mags, etc., are factors in selection of what kit and how to wear it. For example, I was never a fan of chest rigs or mag pouches at the 11 and 1 o'clock when I was in VN because the mags weren't easily accessible when we went prone.

1.Can you defend all sides of your home at once?

2. Even a structure that has a brick exterior will burn. The left has shown a preference for Molotov cocktails.

3. Defending a structure solo is virtually impossible. It is more doable with mates but still tough.

Hope your plan works.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokelse416 View Post
    How hard is it to understand MOBILITY IS KEY?

It depends.

If you're out and about in town, you are absolutely right.

If you're in your house and the mob is outside, where are you going to go?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    It depends.

If you're out and about in town, you are absolutely right.

If you're in your house and the mob is outside, where are you going to go?
    Still gotta be effectively mobile within one's house. "Mobility" is more than, "Can you run away from the scene?"