Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The predicted storm path is going more to the east I may get a bit more of it in Northwest Florida. It most likely like hit to the west of Mobile, AL.

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Looks like the eye is going to cover mobile bay and the land to the Alabama-Florida border. that is the Perdido river (lost river). Sally movef quite a bit to the east. It was moving at 2 mph and by staying so long in onr area sally has cooled the water abpiy two degrees or so and lost wind speed. It is stated to be cat 1 and should go to tropical force winds once on land. It is dumping a lot of rain.

Eye Sally.jpg
    Last edited by barnetmill; 09-15-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

That would be some good news. I still don’t have power from Laura as of yet and I don’t wish that on any of you.
    Last edited by Chaos; 09-16-2020 at 05:56 AM.

The storm keeps shifting to the east. It may land now very close to me or keep going further east on the coast hard to say. I still have power that likely will go literally down in a few more hours.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    The storm keeps shifting to the east. It may land now very close to me or keep going further east on the coast hard to say. I still have power that likely will go literally down in a few more hours.
    Good luck. I hope you don't get any damage. I've been in contact via text with a friend in Gonzales (Pensacola area just north of I-10) and they lost power at about 4am. It looks as though the eye passed right over them and max. sustained winds were 105mph at landfall. 300,000 people without power, last I saw.

I am a little east of Gonzales in the next county. My power came back Thursday, but my internet cable was just put up 10 minutes ago. Those in coastal areas and areas of poor drainage got hurt. One fellow driving towards a bridge over a creek got struck in flood water. He was calling for help because he apparently could not open either the doors or windows. He shot out a window and crawled out of the car; Many get a gun the car here. My little creek, Barnett Mill Creek, became a small river that wiped out parts of my fence, but the water quickly receded. Likely we had 20 inches or more of rain, fortunately we have enough slope that will cause most areas to rapidly drain unlike Houston. I only have minor damage and the winds were not as powerful as they were for ivan that ripped shingles off roofs. Beside fencing I have some trees to saw up. I had gasoline, extension cords and a generator.
    There are curfews in place.

The major and lasting damage is that the three mile bridge was badly damaged by barges breaking loose during the storm. Earlier the bridge was famous for a demonstrator riding across on the hood of car. Now there are pictures of the damaged span. Could take more than 2 months to fix.

Screenshot_2020-09-20 Sen Broxson Multiple barges hit Three Mile Bridge, repairs may take 60 day.jpg