Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Outside of the regular control and taxation theft, there are many downfalls of a cashless society. Namely complete control of your entire life. So what happens when big banks go woke and don't like firearms anymore? Then all purchases of firearms and ammunition are shutoff. You get red flagged because someone doesn't like you? They have a list. What happens when it moves onto knives? Your food, gas, everything purchases are shut off. Post up about support for a non commie candidate? Oh well we are shutting off your purchasing of items on our platforms. Just look to China's social credit score and the big three of orwellian tech here in the US controlling the online narrative.

Anyone that thinks crime will go down is fooling themselves. As technology and methods change so do criminal organizations and methods. Since the beginning of time.I am sorry but even asking this question shows the government conditioning to be reliant on overlords. We keep trading liberty for convenience and eventually we are going to be controlled by the same people telling us that they are doing this to make our lives easier.

If you value freedom, then there’s nothing good about going totally cashless. The convenience is far outweighed by all the negatives from the overlords controlling your electronic accounts, as others here have pointed out. IMO, now it’s pre-conditioning for something sinister to come, such as the Mark of the Beast or other bio link to what (or if) you can buy.

There is a reason the largest denomination you can get is a $100....

Physical money in large amounts is difficult to store, so you won’t.

While I’m a fan of gold and silver, no one is setting up to let you shave off a few grams to pay for gas.

The move to 100% cashless is all about control, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    There is a reason the largest denomination you can get is a $100....

Physical money in large amounts is difficult to store, so you won’t.

While I’m a fan of gold and silver, no one is setting up to let you shave off a few grams to pay for gas.

The move to 100% cashless is all about control, nothing more.

I believe it is cheaper for bean counters to do everything electronically. Also mints are expensive to run.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Lets be honest shall we. Cash allows us to do business without giving a cut...under duress...to the state. That is the beauty of cash. You can do a service for $10k and keep it all if its in cash. If it's in an electronic and trackable form, the state will take what it wants and you end up with maybe $7k.

Taxation is theft and cashless ess is a form of tyranny in enforcing that theft.

The USA will have a long hard road to get to that point although there are forces in the country that want that. All that said...the outlaw will always find a way to out maneuver the state.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Drug dealers.

The drug dealers will find a way around the system.

It is pretty deep state, more than just credit cards:
    https://www.chron.com/opinion/articl...e-15449776.php
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

I pay my bills online. Everything else, literally, I buy with cash.

Sometimes its a PITA, but I feel much better about it. It feels good to look at my bank statement and see Mortage, Utilities, and a few of ATM drafts.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Last year, I drove from Ill-annoyz to AZ to attend Gabeís red dot class. Well worth it, BTW.
    Did not use a CC on the trip. As a matter of fact, Iíve never purchased a tank of gas with a CC - ever. Iíve also never installed one of those ďappĒ things on my phone. Sure - I pay for certain things with a CC (like my Seecamp from SI:) - but most of my day-to-day life isnít electronic. And yes, some folks DO carry around a few Benjamins on a daily basis. And, I have been breaking ties with more & more businesses who are now cash-free - and telling them why in no uncertain terms. An article on the news the other evening stated that ~25% of the country does not use a CC.

geezer john

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Lets be honest shall we. Cash allows us to do business without giving a cut...under duress...to the state. That is the beauty of cash. You can do a service for $10k and keep it all if its in cash. If it's in an electronic and trackable form, the state will take what it wants and you end up with maybe $7k.

Taxation is theft and cashless ess is a form of tyranny in enforcing that theft.

The USA will have a long hard road to get to that point although there are forces in the country that want that. All that said...the outlaw will always find a way to out maneuver the state.
    YES!!!

Beyond that, the obvious is a Black (barter based) Market.
    Last edited by P.D.; 08-01-2020 at 06:04 PM.