Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LawDog, I think we're picking alternate use cases. You make an excellent point on a "concealed long walk home" scenario, but that for me would be a short AR, probably in 5.56, with poor trade-offs in conceivability, etc.

I'm thinking about the EVO for at home, bump in the night, small kids in the house (may not have both hands free, but one + shoulder point of contact) and super small size. Distance is negligible (in house distance). If I need to engage a threat outside the house, it will be an AR in 5.56 again.

And because they look like fun.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    LawDog, I think we're picking alternate use cases. You make an excellent point on a "concealed long walk home" scenario, but that for me would be a short AR, probably in 5.56, with poor trade-offs in conceivability, etc.

I'm thinking about the EVO for at home, bump in the night, small kids in the house (may not have both hands free, but one + shoulder point of contact) and super small size. Distance is negligible (in house distance). If I need to engage a threat outside the house, it will be an AR in 5.56 again.

And because they look like fun.
    And for a house gun, an Evo is more approachable for other members of the family. For what you are talking about I think these would make sense.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Do you still have that PS90? SBR that thing and put a suppressor on it.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    The P(S)90 is another gun that I contemplated for this. The SBR part of the equation is potentially problematic, though. As a "travelling" gun, I imagine crossing all kinds of state lines. Otherwise, that gun is just about perfect to discreetly walk through a crowd with a "long" gun. It's another 200y gun, with great ammo capacity. I'll bet if you stuffed one into a Subway sandwich bag, you could walk through Manhattan with a P90 in your hand and not draw a second look.
    Virtute et Armis

If I collapse the sbpdw on my .300 its only a hair wider than my shoulders due to the T51 flashhider.... is that just me? I could hide it easy enough lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I know Winston had a PS90 in Nichols room clearing class some years back. Perfect gun for inside structures, even with a full length barrel it is short. Totally ambidextrous, handy as hell, easy one handed use. SBR’d, it’s a thing of beauty.

Fair point on traveling though.

I won’t be buying one at this point but wish I had.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

I do have it, but was seriously contemplating taking advantage of this, ahem, market to offload it. I've got a couple of safe queens that could actually turn a profit right now I think.

And for a house gun, an Evo is more approachable for other members of the family. For what you are talking about I think these would make sense.
    Yes - I think I could get the XO to learn manual of arms for that and not be TOO far off from an AR, etc. Plus my older kids could run it, should it come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    I do have it, but was seriously contemplating taking advantage of this, ahem, market to offload it. I've got a couple of safe queens that could actually turn a profit right now I think.
    That’s a good point.

If I had one I couldn’t resist SBRing it. But no everyone is willing to do that. And I can understand wanting 9mm instead.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    .... is that just me?
    Yes, that's just you.

But it's also a good point: how much gun works for you depends very much on you. It's easy to say, "Grow stronger." The reality is that most of us aren't going to get much bigger than we currently are. (At least not in a good way.) So what works for one person won't work for everyone. Chris Upchurch could probably fit a P90 up his shirtsleeve. Michael R could not. Nor could I. The bigger you are, the more you can carry. Just another way that life's not fair.

If only there were a "brace" version of the PS90....
    Virtute et Armis