Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I get the immediate threat at your window scenario, just use your pistol. I was referring to the driving through downtown, Antifa/BLM types walk out into the roadway blocking traffic. You’re boxed in and decide to exit your vehicle. Nobody has attacked you yet but you want your rifle/smg slung on your person under a jacket and ready to go if things pop off.

Yes, it’s a specific scenario, but it seems to be by far the most likely use for a “truck gun/PDW” these days

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I will save you lots of time and trouble. When you place the weapon in your car, carry bag, etc., just go ahead and charge it. The four rules of firearms safety take care of the rest.
    To each their own, but I’m not going to carry a rifle in a bag with a round in the chamber. For one, they aren’t drop safe and some type of impact could cause it to fire. Unlikely, yes, but it can happen. I’ve also found muzzle up carry in the passenger seat floorboard to be the most effective way to deploy the weapon. Just pull up and into your lap, rather than trying to pivot it 180 degrees with the dash there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    That is a horrible idea.

The fact of the matter is that if you don't have time to awkwardly charge your gun in a car or something because the bad guys are that close you should be pulling the gun on your belt and dealing with it until you have a change to get the bigger one up and running.
    I can assure you, that is not a horrible idea. What is your experience to say otherwise? And I mean real experience, not what you have read on a thread somewhere? I couldn’t even begin to count the times this has been done by every agency I have worked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I will save you lots of time and trouble. When you place the weapon in your car, carry bag, etc., just go ahead and charge it. The four rules of firearms safety take care of the rest.
    Yep. This would be my answer too, cased or uncased
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
    To each their own, but I’m not going to carry a rifle in a bag with a round in the chamber. For one, they aren’t drop safe and some type of impact could cause it to fire. Unlikely, yes, but it can happen. I’ve also found muzzle up carry in the passenger seat floorboard to be the most effective way to deploy the weapon. Just pull up and into your lap, rather than trying to pivot it 180 degrees with the dash there.
    You can do it however you want, but to be honest, it sounds like you are too afraid of the gun to properly utilize it. You’d probably be better to stay at home. Guns are inherently dangerous but, if you need a rifle, and you need it readily accessible in the cab of your vehicle, your probably gonna want to have it loaded.

And you should probably have the muzzle pointed is a safe (to you) direction....

At least that’s what I saw on YouTube.
    Last edited by Badger; 11-27-2020 at 04:46 PM.