Thread: NEW STUFF AT SI

Default NEW STUFF AT SI

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Nice additions to SI's offerings!

Does any of the electronic ear protection allow you to identify from which direction a sound is coming from while you are wearing them? The protection that I have is decades old and doesn't give you that capability.
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving and absolutely nothing to do with taking."

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench

Quote Originally Posted by Trench View Post
    Nice additions to SI's offerings!

Does any of the electronic ear protection allow you to identify from which direction a sound is coming from while you are wearing them? The protection that I have is decades old and doesn't give you that capability.
    they have individual mics, so you know if a sound will be to your right or left, but thats about it

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

And this isn't new, but this is something that everyone should have. Probably the single most useful training tool I have besides my carry pistol. It's not the same as dry practice with your EDC, but you can still work your trigger press. And of course your draw, point shooting, mimicking the manipulations, the pistol kata, light hand to hand work, etc. Especially now when ammo is hard to come by, this is a great way to train and an excellent investment.

I've had mine for years now and I'm STILL on my first set of batteries.

SIRT Pistol
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Just to add to Brent's post, I too have had a SIRT pistol for years and have used for very effective dry training. I even replaced the sights with my own sights.

I recently had trouble with the laser staying zeroed. I sent my Sirt in to Next Level training and they replaced both the trigger pack and laser pack for about $30 with fast turn around. Highly recommended!
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

I also acquired a SIRT years ago.

It is a Must Have.

I practice every day with it, then proof out my training once at the end of the month with live fire. It saves a ton of ammo' and keeps your skills sharp.
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving and absolutely nothing to do with taking."

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench