Default Mossberg Bolt Rifle worth $600 in trade value

A guy owes me right at $600 - long story , friend of family blah blah. He's got a 'cash flow' problem and is offering me a Mossberg Rifle, the one that takes AR magazines in trade.

It's got actual fixed sights, not AR style just a V and post deal, an AR style flash supressor, and a bubba grade bipod. It does have an actual Weaver K6 scope in what look to be solid rings.

He brought it over last night to shoot, scope was crazy clear and bright, or maybe my standards are low. Off the picnic table was easy to hit the 3/5 scale IPSC steel plate at maybe 120 or 130 yards. Trigger was good at least to me. Bolt wasn't slick as butter but it ran.

What says the tribe - fair enough trade? I don't really need it but I could see it for shooting coyotes out of the field or muskrat and beavers ( insert punch line here ) out of the pond.

Best way is to see what they are selling for over at gunbroker.com

SD
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Got one of the .308 ones that takes ar10 haven't really gotten to run it much but iron sights accurate from the little work i've put in. Bought it because i wanted a bolt gun for hunting and i like 308 paid bought 750 for mine from local gun shop
    "It's not that life is too short, it's that death is so damn long." unknown
    "People s
    hould not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people" V
    "
    I must study politics and war, that my sons may have the liberty to study mathematics and philosophy, natural history and naval architecture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, tapestry, and porcelain." John Adams

Only if YOU can sell it for $600.... otherwise hav the friend pay you the funds owed.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Only if YOU can sell it for $600.... otherwise hav the friend pay you the funds owed.

point is well taken but you can't get blood from a rock - I'd honestly written off the money in my head ...

Is it in a caliber you need/want?

Do you have to do an FFL transfer?

It never hurts to have a sore rifle around if it’s one you can put to use.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by reforger2002 View Post
    point is well taken but you can't get blood from a rock - I'd honestly written off the money in my head ...
    If you've already written it off, then be a friend and take the offer.