Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well guys, my agency is going to Sig P320 X Pro Carry's. Never had any intrest in the P320 before now. I picked up two that have not had the upgrades. Full size gun is put together like a parts gun. Carry model is better built and I put a Apex flat trigger into it. Sig want this sale to break into LE market (700-750 guns) in this part of the country. We have been carrying Glock 22's for 27 years. I have be shooting the carry model some. Stock trigger is better than a stock Glock. That is its only redeming quality. I have been in and out of the firearms industry for 30 years as well as a fulltime LEO. I have been into Sig P320's and it has way to many small parts. The number of parts in the striker is scary. Fire mechanism is a little better, but overly complicated. Oh, Sig customer service.....I trust a drug dealer more than Sig. Once they have your money, You no longer matter.
    Just my 2 cents

So...my POV

Male Jr. Staffer will be going into the Air Force. Some of you knew already. Space Force plank owner. Anyway...getting him tuned up...got a SIG M18. The one with the safety the USAF is using. Its OK. It is not anything earth shattering or special. I think it is less safe than a Glock. Here is why. Every single time I have heard of a safety issue with Glocks it has been due to the following...wait for the last one BTW.

1). Worn or screwed with parts. Bubba can't resist polishing his shit on the dremel in the tool shed. SIG uses the same MIM as everyone else these days.

2). Dropped weapons with the preceding in evidence. Sig was famous for that early on and the "fix" will not fix anything once the parts wear out.

THIS ONE IS THE IMPORTANT ONE

3). When things override the trigger safety on the Glock. Things like a worn spring in the trigger shoe itself...or a holster that disengages it. The SIG has no such trigger safety. Think of your Glock with the trigger shoe safety removed. People would scream it was unsafe. Well...that is what the SIG is kids.

The Jr. Staffer's pistol has ambi safeties. In truth, I am rethinking that these may actually be a good idea....on a Glock and specially most certainly on a SIG.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Second POV Perspective. We may be doing the SIG P-220/226/229 series slide milling again in 2021. Its no secret I really like those pistols. And BTW...if anyone has some that they can't hang with because of those pesky DA/SA triggers, let me know...I know some guys with lots of custom Glocks and AR Pistols we can trade for.
    Gabriel Suarez

Agree with Gabe on several points. Started (and secretly still am) a 1911 guy. Various agencies I was with did not allow. Got in to Glocks early - about the time of the first G19s. Went to the factory Armorer school. Carried a bunch of different ones over the past 25 years or so. Currently have a Gen 2 17 and a Gen 5 17, along with a G48 that is now my EDC. I have often wanted a Glock with a true, 1911-style safety, with positive clicks up and down. Had a Sig 320 tuned by one of the armorers who worked directly for Sig, training other armorers. Had the whole kit of various frame and slide sizes through him. Sold it. As noted above, seemed like too many parts in the fire control unit, and was not impressed with the lack of anything to prevent trigger movement. This was before the 320 with thumb safety came out. Sticking with Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    We may be doing the SIG P-220/226/229 series slide milling again in 2021.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Woohoo! Would you be including the 239 for milling also? I also need to ask if you would be selling them also? I think I want a 229 to go with my 220 226 and 239.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cody C View Post
    Woohoo! Would you be including the 239 for milling also? I also need to ask if you would be selling them also? I think I want a 229 to go with my 220 226 and 239.

Need. You Need.
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

Need. You Need.
    It's a want not a need. It won't deter me from getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    So...my POV

Male Jr. Staffer will be going into the Air Force. Some of you knew already. Space Force plank owner. Anyway...
    Aside from the gun stuff (forget the Sig, in Space Force, he's gonna need a Phazer), it's great to hear that the boy is headed for USAF Space Command/Space Force. Did he get his Aero degree and get in via ROTC or was he USAFA? Either way, it's fantastic news.

Talk about an interesting career! Give him my best (after you tell him that I said "Fly Navy")!
    Last edited by Speed is Life; 10-18-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
    A stranger, and not your own lips.
    Proverbs 27:2

You will fight like you train...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post
    Aside from the gun stuff (forget the Sig, in Space Force, he's gonna need a Phazer), it's great to hear that the boy is headed for USAF Space Command/Space Force. Did he get his Aero degree and get in via ROTC or was he USAFA? Either way, it's fantastic news.

Talk about an interesting career! Give him my best (after you tell him that I said "Fly Navy")!

"Stackin Bodies In Zero G"

Astro Degree...top of his class. Smoked every test thusfar...recruiters drooling.
    Gabriel Suarez