Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMG Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I didnt. Pistol length barrel is 10 yards. Longer at 25
    Do you include 300 blackout weapon systems like the Hyena in the 25 yd zero bucket?

Does anyone else look at the Maximum Point Blank Range for their particular load and use the appropriate zero for the cartridge/target?

124gr 9mm +P (.18 ballistic coefficient) with sights that are .3" (irons) over bore should be near zeroed at 3yds for a 4" target zone. That zero on that particular cartridge will have no more than 2" of rise and drop out to 96yds. -2.54" at 100yds. Same cartridge out of a 10" barrel and a 1.5" red dot should be near zeroed at 14yds for the same 4" tz. That zero will have no more than 2" rise/drop out to 112yds.

I change near zero with the cartridge and have great luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon_Spaf View Post
    Do you include 300 blackout weapon systems like the Hyena in the 25 yd zero bucket?
    I have never even fired a 300 bo. So I wouldn't be the one to ask
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Back in my army days the SMG's we used were zeroed at 25 yds and hits out to 75 yds were doable for poor shooters, and a really good shot could reach to 150 yds. Had the choice been mine, I would have zeroed 3" high at 25 Yds for a slight distance gain.

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw76 View Post
    Back in my army days the SMG's we used were zeroed at 25 yds and hits out to 75 yds were doable for poor shooters, and a really good shot could reach to 150 yds. Had the choice been mine, I would have zeroed 3" high at 25 Yds for a slight distance gain.

jim
    That is a bad idea. For the role, niche, and envelope of an SMG you really want your POA/POI to be the same inside the most likely distance of engagement, distance = time, id rather dope a longer shot where i have more time than dope something within 25m of me
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I zeroed my Uzi at 25 for the same reasons. I can reach farther if needed with Kentucky wind age or by walking rounds into the target. (FA)