Default Laserlyte vs Mantis X vs ?

Good afternoon folks...

Looking into dry fire practice tools. Snap caps by themselves can get a little boring. Iím wondering what you folks may have bought and tried to get some feedback while dry firing, such as the Mantis X or the Laserlyte in the title. What other products have you used?

Been watching some YouTube reviews, but would trust hands on experience from the tribe more.

https://suarezinternational.com/next...red-red-laser/

I blood on mine in Pistol Ground Fighting....
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

The mantisX measures how much your trigger pull moves the pistol. How much, which direction. The less movement, the higher the score/percentage. You dry fire a string of shots and you can see the overall average for the string and you can look at each individual trigger pull that made up the string.

Can it help? Sure. Dry firing can be a good training tool. The MantisX helps you figure out if you're doing it wrong and what you're doing.

I thought it was pretty neat. Bought one. Like it well enough to buy one for my youngest son.

My averages for my CZ P07 and P09 are in the range of 96 to 97%. Seems pretty good, but I think I found out something over the last few months as I've tried to get some other brands of pistols to shoot like my P07/P09. A pistol with a nice trigger pull is nice. But it doesn't make the pistol shoot any better. May help, but won't "fix" the issue by itself.

No experience with the other one you listed. Training is good. Things that help you train are good. Some things/ways are better than others.

I own a SIRT and like it for the stuff where you don't have the pistol completely up in your line of sight - but that is not really classic dry firing for accuracy, is it? ;)

For dry fire, some of my friends have had good success with the Mantis X system, but I feel a red dot sight gives me all the feedback I need.
    Depends a bit on your perspective on data collection and tracking for self-improvement, I guess. For me, Mantis and similar systems give me a lot of information I don't really need, but I can understand the appeal it has for some. I played around with a friend's Mantis and it does work very well, it's just not my cup of tea.

I figured out a little dry fire trick with my RMR that really helped me clean up and dial in my trigger press. During my dry fire sessions, as I’m squeezing the trigger, I focus intently on holding the red dot right in the center of the tritium vial in the front sight. If you do this consistently over time, your grip automatically conforms itself to applying the perfect amount of pressure necessary in all directions to keep the dot still. The result is that you develop an INCREDIBLY stable and consistent trigger pull. It’s almost supernatural. And you get to the point where you don’t even need to think about it; it just happens on its own, without conscious thought.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

I own a sirt pistol. It’s a good training aid but you can develop bad habits. When you train with a sirt you really shouldn’t see a laser dot projected on your target. What you should be seeing is a green or red (depending on which model you got) glow around the front sight. It is very easy to fall into the trap of looking over the gun and not through the sights, for the laser dot.

Tools like that are useful, but with a little elbow grease, you can get pretty good at diagnosing your "misses" by watching your front sight (and/or dot, if so equipped). I'm a fair shot, and I've never used any of those extra tools, mostly because they require $$ that I didn't want to spend. My focus has been on (1) getting trained by decent people on (2) my trigger press and grip, and (3) focusing on my sight alignment and sight picture. My metric for dryfire is watching how much, if at all, my front sight moves, which way, etc. I adjust my grip and trigger press as necessary until the sights quit moving, at least as much.

For me, that's quite enough, and that seems to be the main point anyway. Forces you to get familiar with your firearm and your body mechanics and then keeping working on getting better with all factors. Unless you have a particular need for additional data, or just really like working with gadgets like that and are motivated by them, I wouldn't worry about getting an extra "thing" and just emphasize working your fundamentals with a healthy dose of self-awareness as you do so.

I've used in Mantis X in live fire and found it very useful.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

I have both the Mantis and 2 sirt pistols. They both are very effective training aids but they work differently.

The mantis helps diagnose problems during live fire or dry fire but is really for precision shooting practice. It does not fit my holsters so does not work on dry fire from concealment. It also does not aid in sight picture or sight alignment. Only grip and trigger pull. If your gun doesn’t move during the shot it says you did great. You could still miss your target but you did a great job. It does work great though for training consistent grip and smooth trigger pull.

The sirt works well for the drawing from concealment, dynamic movement with your pistol and training to engage targets. Used with a shot detection program like Lazr it takes dry fire to a whole new level. Now you have feedback on your shot as well. Yes, the trigger is not the same as your Suarez face shooter trigger but it is pretty close to a stock Glock trigger.