Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK chest rig

Default AK chest rig

Hey everyone, i recently picked up an AK and was hoping i could get some good info on what Chest rigs would be good. Honestly i was hoping to find an Eagle AK-47 chest rig, a custom UW Gear Minuteman 6 but swapping out the 5.56 mag pouches for 7.62 AK mag pouches (their customer service still hasn't gotten back to me about that), or is the Condor 7 pocket chest rig good for the price. I looked at Beez Combat Systems Shihan chest rig but i was hoping for something a little more streamlined. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and God bless.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I don't know of any streamlined chest rigs but I do have the shihan rig (I believe SI used to sell them) and have run it through 2-2 day rifle classes and it has held up fine. It is in great shape, a little dirty (I'm still shaking the AZ dirt out of it). It did exactly what was required of it. I would recommend. Hope this helps.
    __________________________________________________ _
    I bet ya can box a little, can't ya sir? Aye, you look like a boxer.

Thank you for the reply, i know the Shihan has been mentioned alot on here and i knew it to be a good rig, it may end up the one i go with.

The DACH (direct action chest harness) would be worth a look.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I just saw a pic of a 3 mag pouch DACH and that is exactly what i want. I have a feeling its going to super difficult to find though.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfTerra View Post
    I just saw a pic of a 3 mag pouch DACH and that is exactly what i want. I have a feeling its going to super difficult to find though.

Do you have a link to it. Sounds interesting.
    I have curved magazines for my AR in 7.62x39 and I am looking at accessories such as mag holders. the only chest rig I ever owned and never even thought of using was the one that came with my SKS rifle that held stripper clips.

Screenshot_2020-07-03 SKS chest stripper clip chest rig - Google Search.jpg

The Shihan works though personally I think it’s bulky and a bit too much.

My favorite AK rig was the US Palm Attack Rack...they are out of business but perhaps can be found for personal sale.

The High Speed Gear AO chest rig is minimalist if you’re looking for small, packable rigs. It can be customized with HSGI Tacos or whatever mag pouches you want. It’s not my favorite but I use it for one of my set ups just because it’s small.

I don’t have any experience with the Direct Action stuff. Looks like decent quality though just from browsing the website.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Do you have a link to it. Sounds interesting.
    I have curved magazines for my AR in 7.62x39 and I am looking at accessories such as mag holders. the only chest rig I ever owned and never even thought of using was the one that came with my SKS rifle that held stripper clips.

Screenshot_2020-07-03 SKS chest stripper clip chest rig - Google Search.jpg
    Here is the one i am referring to when i said the HSGI DACH. if i can't find it anywhere, which seems likely unfortunately. I may look at just the HSGI AO chest rig with a few TACOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    The Shihan works though personally I think itís bulky and a bit too much.

My favorite AK rig was the US Palm Attack Rack...they are out of business but perhaps can be found for personal sale.

The High Speed Gear AO chest rig is minimalist if youíre looking for small, packable rigs. It can be customized with HSGI Tacos or whatever mag pouches you want. Itís not my favorite but I use it for one of my set ups just because itís small.

I donít have any experience with the Direct Action stuff. Looks like decent quality though just from browsing the website.
    Years ago i have a USPalm attack rack... got rid of it when i sold my WASR and regret that now. I had the version 1.

If I remember right the three pouch design is the original style. I forget who made it. Hsgi bought it out or something like that.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015