Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    It's part of the study. Mag hold isn't what I use if the goal is pure marksmanship, but IMO it's absolutely necessary for close quarters fighting. The mag grip is much better any time you need to change shoulders, such as taking corners indoors (a proactive shoulder change) or getting off the X moving to your left (a reactive shoulder change).

Sorta like how you might drive with hands at 10 and 2 most of the time but you have to be able to hold the wheel differently when needed. Gotta be able to put an arm around the babes sometimes.
    Yes exactly, given the testing I've done on it mag hold is WAY faster to manipulate than the C-clamp even on full sized rifles. If I'm not actively running a light, inside a structure/urban terrain, its my go to hold position
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Yes exactly, given the testing I've done on it mag hold is WAY faster to manipulate than the C-clamp even on full sized rifles. If I'm not actively running a light, inside a structure/urban terrain, its my go to hold position
    absolutely.

The way I look at it, being faster is almost a byproduct. More important to me is that it is more mechanically sound; less awkward, less muscular effort, more balanced and closer to your core. Much smoother to transfer between shoulders. Of course that all adds up to being much faster.

it’s also more tactically sound. A lot easier to defend/retain at close quarters, and very easier/comfortable to muzzle punch as opposed to other grips.

Good facility with the mag hold is necessary in my opinion.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

For a light, I run an Arisaka 300 series scout on my 9” .300 BLK. It’s mounted at the 11 o’clock using their M-Lok Inline Scout Mount. Its TINY and adds basically no weight. Perfect for this type of weapon. Only thing I don’t like about it is it has a very tight beam, with very little spill. Throws that light way out there though.

Don’t use the Inforce WML’s. They’re airsoft quality garbage. I’ve had 3 of them, and the switch died on all 3 within days of getting them. It’s a shame, because it’s a GREAT design; just horrible execution.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I have an old Surefire G2 in that mount. It mostly stays on my house Storm, but it gets moved around a lot depending on what I'm doing.

Plus another. I've used this on several setups with the Surefire G2 light from AR, AK, & Evo. Some pics. Be careful on which model (E or G) as it dictates which type of Surefire lights it fits. I have both thumb and throw lever model. Both are fine. Very versatile! Some personal pics as example and various positions. Just depends on how one wants to run it.

AK ultimak top left_b.jpgAR left side bottom_b.jpgAR left side top_b.jpgAR Right side bottom.jpgEVO left side bottom_b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    For a light, I run an Arisaka 300 series scout on my 9” .300 BLK. It’s mounted at the 11 o’clock using their M-Lok Inline Scout Mount. Its TINY and adds basically no weight. Perfect for this type of weapon. Only thing I don’t like about it is it has a very tight beam, with very little spill. Throws that light way out there though.

Don’t use the Inforce WML’s. They’re airsoft quality garbage. I’ve had 3 of them, and the switch died on all 3 within days of getting them. It’s a shame, because it’s a GREAT design; just horrible execution.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I like those.

Interesting that it's basically a short body for a surefire light.

Too bad no one does something similar for the g2. If there was a g2 body that took only 1 cr123 for example.

The Magazine hold is exactly what I use on sub 10" barreled weapons. On 10" plus, I have a nomadic hold meaning the hand goes where its needed. Sometimes a mag hold, sometimes a fwd hold, sometimes just a support hold for marksmanship. I do not nor have I ever favored the magpulesque-unmoving c-clamp thing. It may be the shitz in bullet golf but real world applications are far less structured so adaptability is essential.

The Mag hold was introduced by the HK International Training Division in their MP5 programs, and also taught by Phil Singleton at the Singleton International MP5 and Drug Raid Schools. It is not as applicable to a longer weapon such as an M4 or Recce Rifle because of the amount of weight forward of the magazine. That weight causes muzzle drift when shooting from a magazine hold position. Conversely, an MP5 with its super short barrel...or the sub 8.5" AR "Pistols" do not have that same situation. Moreover, to use the forward C clamp hold on the super short handguard would have you extending the brace/stock away from your cheek/shoulder nullifying any advnatage of the system.

While the sub 8.5" barrel weapons in either 5.56 or 300 BO are in fact RIFLES, their deployment doctrine must mimic the methodology of the SMG/MP5.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters