Default Replacement channel liners

I recently noticed a variety (mostly stainless or TiN coated stainless) replacement channel liners out there. The theory seems to make sense - less friction being the biggest plus.

Anyone have experience with these ? I know - don't over-complicate things; but the idea of replacing a plastic parts with something long lasting and with less friction seems appealing. We already replace all sorts of OEM parts on Glocks, so why not this ?

Just a thought towards a better trigger.

I did a quick search and see you asked the identical question elsewhere and no one gave any sort of useful answer. Seems a good question and I would not try one myself without knowing a lot more.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I do not believe you would reduce the friction with a metal liner. The plastic is a relatively low friction surface and is a sacrificial surface instead of the striker wearing. Gabe's NP3 coated striker would still be your lowest friction approach. I see no advantage with changing this part of the firing mechanism. Friction would be a very small part of the equation. The plastic liner outlasts most users and is easily replaced. I would not want to introduce an additional potential failure point for the striker which is critical to function.
    Life is Not a Square Range, Deal With It

The striker is going to move the most after the trigger breaks. Not sure the minimal reward movement upon trigher press is enough of an issue that a steel channel liner would effect the trigger press.

Some competition guys remove the liner all togther. They claim it increases the strikers speed. But the down side is it leads to broken firing pins as the striker is no longer centered in the channel. I would never try to run a glock without a channel liner.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

If it provided a significant improvement in function or feel, I'm pretty sure we would have heard more about them by now.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    The striker is going to move the most after the trigger breaks. Not sure the minimal reward movement upon trigher press is enough of an issue that a steel channel liner would effect the trigger press.

Some competition guys remove the liner all togther. They claim it increases the strikers speed. But the down side is it leads to broken firing pins as the striker is no longer centered in the channel. I would never try to run a glock without a channel liner.
    I do wonder if some of the broken strikers are due to wear of the sleeve or some sort of misalignment of the striker in the channel.
    One use to hear of people blue printing rifles to put everything in spec. I bet a skilled gunsmith for what would be some significant dollars could do the same for a glock.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez