Default GIGN Loyada Hostage Rescue

interesting presentation
    FR-F1 sniper to 800yds: Practical Accuracy + GIGN Loyada Hostage Rescue [feat. Forgotten Weapons]

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

That's Ian's rifle, by the way. And the Loyada rescue illustrates how critical a backup sidearm can be--even if it is a sixshooter.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:16

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    That's Ian's rifle, by the way. And the Loyada rescue illustrates how critical a backup sidearm can be--even if it is a sixshooter.
    Those revolvers not just run of mill issued weapons. I would love to have one even though I do not shoot revolvers much any more.
    The MR 73 was standard issue with France's Gendarmerie and in some police units including Special Weapons and Tactics teams (RAID, GIGN and comparable units).The GIGN selected the MR 73 in part for its ability to almost indefinitely withstand 150 rounds of full-power ammunition during daily range practice.[citation needed] These teams also use MR 73s with Bushnell Magnum Phantom 1.5 telescopic sights and 8" and 10" barrels for tactical purposes. Over one million rounds were allegedly fired through one example.[citation needed]
    M73.jpg
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The thing about rear locking lugs. What was supposed to be an economy hunting rifle, the remington 788 was rear locking lugs in lock up and sort of became a cult gun for some since it turned out to be a very accurate rifle. In part because remington did put a good barrel on them. Only holds three shots in .308 that is sort of the maximum load for that action. I have seem them in .243 and 30-30.

InkedRemington_788_schem_LI.jpg

Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:16

Gabe posted this earlier in re: those Manurhin six-guns. I so want one. Why am I just now hearing about them?

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...highlight=mr73