Default Quality training rounds source?

Looking for 12 gauge TRAINING ROUNDS. Prefer the following characteristics:

- correct dimensions
    - similar weight to live round
    - “brass” that isn’t overly soft and prone to being easily/rapidly deformed.
    - cushioned primer
    - FWIW, will be used in a Beretta 1301 Tactical

TIA

geezer john

I made mine, there are several You Tube videos on doing it. They have held up really well. If the end gets deformed I just sand paper it smooth. Eventually they will wear out but the cost of making new ones is almost nothing. Fiocchi makes dummy rounds that are the correct weight and size but are not really snap caps.

AZoom? I know they make anodized aluminum snap caps in shotgun dimensions. I have not used any. I have used their pistol caps for dry work.

Quote Originally Posted by jgencinc View Post
    Thanks. Been getting a lot of good feedback (on all parameters) on these!!!!

geezer john

I've had good service out of my A-Zoom 12 gauge dummy rounds. They do get a little chewed up after a while but it doesn't seem to affect function.

Also, I'm not familiar with the Beretta 1301, but be advised that some of the plastic snap caps (which may be intended for break-action shotguns) will not stand up to the action of a Remington 11 (same as Browning Auto 5, Stevens 500-something).

Like, not even once.

Those are the best looking snap cap/dummies I have seen. Thanks for posting the link.

I just received a box (9) of these 5 minutes ago in the mail (QUICK service!!!!). I obviously haven’t used them, but these appear to be everything I was looking for! Will keep everyone updated on how they perform (some training rounds are known for not functioning well in some semi-autos - I’ll be using a Beretta 1301T.)

geezer john

PS - Thanks for the rec, jgencinc !!!