Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A moment of Clarity

I decided to drive down to Utah from Idaho to get my daughter yesterday. They'd had an earthquake and are apparently having some kind of global pandemic...who knew?
    Also there was a bunch of talk about interstate travel bans so I said screw it, I'll just go get her.

So I'm standing in front of my gun safe deciding what to take along. I had the ever-present SI G19 and Seecamp on board already as a matter of course but I was wondering what else to grab.

I have a WIDE assortment of options...really wide.

What if there were another earthquake and the roads got busted up and I had to walk home? What if there was a riot because all of the unprepared idiots had a meltdown because there wasn't any milk at the grocery stores? What if things actually got ugly?

What one gun would I want above and beyond all the others in my safes?

There was only one choice. The SI Stakeout.

I've never been a shotgun guy. I'd lots rather shoot an AR or a bolt action precision rifle. But in that moment it was crystal clear to me that nothing else in my several safes remotely approaches its nimbleness or its astonishing capacity to wreak destruction. Mine is an Amphibian with an RMR and slug sights.

So, I tossed it into the pickup and off I went.

On the road I had a conversation with myself about where I spend my shooting time. The Stakeout is going to be getting a lot more attention.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

I agree a great battle axe or claymore when properly used.

Agreed. My Stakeouts are my go to for travel and home defense.
    Fuck Sniffy and Blowy. Never my president

I will be taking a drive this weekend because I can and I am not afraid of the Chicom-flu. Guess what will be jammed between the driver's seat and the center console??
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Great, versatile choice. As I get longer in the tooth, I have found I have gravitated back towards the ubiquitous shotgun.

I’m also very fond of my suppressed 22 pistol. It’s easy to carry a nice amount of ammo.

I put an AR in the Jeep & one of my
    Tac-14's in the van. I have changed
    back from my 43x to a 17 at 4:00,
    and I have been carrying another
    braced 17 in a small shoulder bag.

I was in Ohio last weekend at a night
    vision class and as some of us were
    departing the hotel on Sunday morning
    it was comforting to note that with an
    8 hour drive home in interesting times,
    we had a vehicle full of all the gear a
    grown ass American could ever want,
    and the know how on how to use it.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Last weekend I had to drive to San Diego to get my daughter from University of San Diego. They were shutting down the campus and will be going online this coming week. I brought my SI fully tricked out RDS and compensated Glock 19 and my SI Amphibian. I thought those the perfect tools for the job.
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

To each his own....on a recent cross state trek my choices were simple, G19RM and AR Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    I decided to drive down to Utah from Idaho to get my daughter yesterday. They'd had an earthquake and are apparently having some kind of global pandemic...who knew?
    Also there was a bunch of talk about interstate travel bans so I said screw it, I'll just go get her.

So I'm standing in front of my gun safe deciding what to take along. I had the ever-present SI G19 and Seecamp on board already as a matter of course but I was wondering what else to grab.

I have a WIDE assortment of options...really wide.

What if there were another earthquake and the roads got busted up and I had to walk home? What if there was a riot because all of the unprepared idiots had a meltdown because there wasn't any milk at the grocery stores? What if things actually got ugly?

What one gun would I want above and beyond all the others in my safes?

There was only one choice. The SI Stakeout.

I've never been a shotgun guy. I'd lots rather shoot an AR or a bolt action precision rifle. But in that moment it was crystal clear to me that nothing else in my several safes remotely approaches its nimbleness or its astonishing capacity to wreak destruction. Mine is an Amphibian with an RMR and slug sights.

So, I tossed it into the pickup and off I went.

On the road I had a conversation with myself about where I spend my shooting time. The Stakeout is going to be getting a lot more attention.
    I would take what you did plus whatever rifle I shot the best.... That’s my load out, maybe two of them and a full kit...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Question for those traveling with SI Stakeouts:

Shockwave pistol grip for size and deployment or braced for shootability?

So far I've only shot mine braced and haven't had the chance to run it Shockwave only. Obviously ported SI barrel...