Default G48 red dot question

I just picked up G48 and I am surprised at how much less it prints and how much more comfortable it is to carry than my RMRírd 19. Being sold on the red dot concept I will be sending off to have it milled here.My question is,do I have it set up for the RMR with the adaptor plate or wait for the Holoson 507K to become available. I have not read any positive reviews of any existing compact red dots.The 507k uses the shield rms footprint,so itís one or the other.Any opinions would be appreciated.

The thing to consider in comparing the Holosun to the Shield RMSc or RMSw is that it looks like the Holosun's frame is a bit taller that the Shield which would make using the built in backup sight more difficult to get a co-witness.
    Last edited by georgeib; 05-20-2020 at 05:16 AM.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." ó Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." ó Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The thing to consider in comparing the Holosun to the Shield RMSc or RMSw is that it looks like the Holosun's frame is a bit taller that the Shield which would make using the built in backup sight more difficult to get a co-witness.
    I've pretty much ruled out the Shield based on the reviews ive seen.I'll be using suppressor height sights with either the rmr or holoson

I'm still considering it based on their new RMSw which is supposed to add waterproofing and durability... May need to read some reviews though, based on what you're saying.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." ó Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." ó Martin Luther

My suggestion is simple. The Holosun is good but it is not an RMR. You are not gaining anything by going Holosun over RMR
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters