Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter76 View Post
    Geissele SSA-E and Larue MBT triggers...

To me they feel very similar so I have to roll my eyes when someone crows about the Geissele being so much better and craps on the MBT. Perhaps it is, but not so much so that I find it noticeable.
    Honestly, I've never heard (or read) anyone saying this. The 2 big complaints I've read about the MBT are it's somewhat light and relatively vague feeling reset caused by the trigger spring, and that the shoe is too wide for some tastes. I liked very much the way the trigger breaks when I played with one, and thought it compared very favorably with the SSA-E, but don't recall the reset frankly. I also didn't mind the feel of the trigger shoe at all, in fact I found it to have some appeal. However, as I'm already well vested in G triggers, and I like a fast reset, I'll probably stick with them for any future purchases.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." — Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    ... increased speed for firing aimed shots...
    I think this is most important. If I’m careful I can absolutely make a very precise shot with a mil spec trigger. But it’s a lot quicker and easier with a quality trigger. Particularly when multiple shots are called for at whatever distance.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Wow, a ton of replies on this, and a ton of different preferences. I see a strong preference toward the Geiselles though, so that tells me something. As soon as he has some more for sale, I’m going to pick up one his combat oriented 2 stage triggers. Either the SSA, SDC, or Super Tricon. Just need to decide which type of trigger bow I want.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    Wow, a ton of replies on this, and a ton of different preferences. I see a strong preference toward the Geiselles though, so that tells me something. As soon as he has some more for sale, I’m going to pick up one his combat oriented 2 stage triggers. Either the SSA, SDC, or Super Tricon. Just need to decide which type of trigger bow I want.
    My advice? Standardize. Make the bow shape as consistent as possible across your different rifles. I do like the flat and Tricon bows, but am already in deep with the standard shape, so that's what I buy.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." — Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The 2 big complaints I've read about the MBT are it's somewhat light and relatively vague feeling reset caused by the trigger spring, and that the shoe is too wide for some tastes. I liked very much the way the trigger breaks when I played with one, and thought it compared very favorably with the SSA-E, but don't recall the reset frankly. I also didn't mind the feel of the trigger shoe at all, in fact I found it to have some appeal. However, as I'm already well vested in G triggers, and I like a fast reset, I'll probably stick with them for any future purchases.
    I just installed the MBT-2S and I do share those same thoughts when compared to my only G trigger, G2S. Both have nice trigger breaks with the G just slightly edging out. I can only tell during precision shoots. The shoe on the MBT is wider and has sharper edges, not rounded as much as the G which doesn't make a difference for me (at this time). My brother's finger placement is interesting as he places the trigger between the middle and proximal phalanx of his trigger finger where he despise the MBT edges. The biggest difference is the reset. Really not vague but the G does have more authority and is faster on trigger reset. Interesting after the reset, the G doesn't really have a pre-travel before the next break compared to the MBT having a slight pre-travel even after the trigger reset. For now, I'm running both and time will tell. All others have been standardized to ALG's ACT triggers.

I bought a Velocity trigger, then I bought 2 more for subsequent rifles since I really liked them. The main man came from Timney so I figure it was good enough for me.

larue, geissele, triggertech, and velocity, my preference is honestly larue

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Between my father and I we have a dozen ARs so we have a mix of triggers 1 Geissele SSAE, 2 G2S, 1 SDE, 2 ALG ACT, 1 FM products 2 stage (feels like a single stage) 2 FM products single stage a colt hbar factory trigger and a well worn in millspec.

The SSAE is by far the best feels like snapping a glass rod, followed by the SDE which feals a little heavier, the G2S isn't quite as smooth and feels just slightly heavier than the SSAE but is still a fantastic trigger, the ACT is a good value single stage that costs 70 dollars its not that light but its smooth with a clean break and after awhile it wears in and gets smoother, the FM 2 stage is an odball it looks like a NIBX coated rock river national match with very little takeup in the first stage its light with a clean break but not as sharp as the geissele and the reset isn't very pronounced, the FM single stage is an improved millspec breaks sharp but isn't very light.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16