Thread: M10x

Default M10x

Anyone check these out? For the price it sure seems a bit high to me. I only own two AKs now. My Arsenal SBR Krinkov and a Lancaster Russian Red. Still like looking and the ease of using the AK will always be appealing to me.
    There is going to be a battle. People will die.
    SI Classes: AK marksmanship,AKRG, Defensive Knife, FOF

Its chambered in 7.62x39 and is ham strung by the fact that 99.99% of that ammo is pure crap and the community around it only wants cheap crap ammo.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

But did they ever really sell a whole lot of high end options anyway??? ��. It was always a plug and chug rifle and all of us at the AK classes were using Wolf/Yugoslav/ Russian spam can ammo anyway. Even at the AK heyday here on WT, unless it was specific mags full of home defense ammo, no one was really spending high $$$ amount on some kind of super sniper 7.62x39 or 5.45 ammo. The price range on the M10x just seems high to me for what it is.

I wouldn't buy a domestically produced AK anyway. Just get an Arsenal and call it a day.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Its chambered in 7.62x39 and is ham strung by the fact that 99.99% of that ammo is pure crap and the community around it only wants cheap crap ammo.
    I've been able to hold in the 2 MOA range with Wolf imported Barnaul and Golden Tiger. Certainly no worse than any other mil-specish 5.56. And AKs aren't exactly designed to be precision rifles anyway. That said, you're right that there really isn't much in the way of "accurate" ammo, even if you wanted some. By all account the Federal AE is the best of the bunch when it comes to consistency in 7.62x39. Though I've been able to shoot a handful of 1.5 MOA groups with brass cased Prvi.

For that matter, things aren't exactly that different in the AR world. Most of the commercial ammo I buy is typically in the 2-4 moa range. With the exception of quality match stuff, of course.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Last case of 7.62x39 ammo I bought was S&B brass case fmj. It wasn't bad. I bought it as practice ammo, wanting something better than Wolf spam can.

The rifle in question is a little high but if you want it, get it. It will last a long, long time. The cost up front will fade into the rear view mirror over time.
    Last edited by jlwilliams; 04-26-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I wouldn't buy a domestically produced AK anyway. Just get an Arsenal and call it a day.
    Which is what my sbr is! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
    But did they ever really sell a whole lot of high end options anyway??? ��. It was always a plug and chug rifle and all of us at the AK classes were using Wolf/Yugoslav/ Russian spam can ammo anyway. Even at the AK heyday here on WT, unless it was specific mags full of home defense ammo, no one was really spending high $$$ amount on some kind of super sniper 7.62x39 or 5.45 ammo. The price range on the M10x just seems high to me for what it is.
    I could hit an 8" gong at 600 yards with my 556R and Hornady V-Max with little effort. Any training ammo was about 14" off POI from it at 100 yards and grouped like a trash can lid. I moved on to .300 blk where I have infinitely more and better options and an 8" AR pistol that does it all better.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Yes. VMax for sure!! Almost all the rest for training purposes!

They do just fine for their intended purpose.....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....