Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Beretta 92

Since I originally posted my question about the Beretta 92 several months ago, I had just rediscovered mine sitting way in the back of shelf in my safe. I have shot it fairly regularly since then. Although I carry a SI-319 90% of the time, I do want to carry my Beretta 92 from time to time but can’t quite find a suitable holster for carrying AIWB.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Dale Fricke still shows the Archangel model for the 92. Gabe carried those in the store a long time ago. I can't say how that would work for the Berretta but it has been very good for my G19.
    Sharkey

Quote Originally Posted by Harborcat View Post
    Since I originally posted my question about the Beretta 92 several months ago, I had just rediscovered mine sitting way in the back of shelf in my safe. I have shot it fairly regularly since then. Although I carry a SI-319 90% of the time, I do want to carry my Beretta 92 from time to time but can’t quite find a suitable holster for carrying AIWB.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
    I found a Bladetech Nano on clearance somewhere. Most people don’t think the blade tech conceals well but I’m a large enough guy to make that less of a problem.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

I've got several holsters from JM Custom Kydex, I see he's got 92's listed on his quick ship list.

I second the JM custom Kydex. I have a model for my LTT Elite with a TLR-7a and it is a very comfortable AIWB. Also check out Keeper's concealment, they make very comfortable and highly concealable holsters if you aren't going to mount a light.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    You can do this at home.
    Cover me, men! I’m going in!!

102_5957.jpg

Kidding. Already done. In real life it took a lot longer. A whole lot longer…

So, my previous “gunsmithing” experience was limited to part swapping on an 870, a 10-22, and a Security Six — that is to say, jobs that an adequately supervised and reasonably bright twelve year old could do. This was another level. Some observations…

Tough part of the job is a couple of spring loaded plungers that end up securing the safety/decockers. They give you extra springs and plungers. You may need them. I sure did.

Wear eyepro, as @Papa said, for when (not if) one of these bad boys gets away from you. Also take to heart the instruction to do the disassembly in a gallon Ziploc bag (I found it too awkward to reassemble inside one, but your milage may vary).

The directions Beretta gives are short, cryptic, and have no illustrations. I can’t imagine anyone without an awful lot of experience figuring out how to do this from reading them. As @Papa said, there are good videos out there on Youtube. The one I got the most out of was from a guy called “mosinaddict”. But look at a couple of the top ones, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. I also found invaluable a really good tutorial on general M92 disassembly/reassembly on the Indiana Gun Owners website.

It took me quite a few hours, over several days, to complete this. Honestly, if you are just doing one, and you are not already at, say, at least intermediate level in gunsmithing skills, do yourself a favor and pay someone else to take care of it. But I plan on doing more than one. And I want to build these kinds of skills anyway. I *think* I could do another one in an hour or three, but that depends on how lucky I get with the plungers and springs

I bought this one (which is actually a 92F, not an FS) used about 15 years ago. I never really bonded with it and never carried or used it much. Maybe subconsciously I was worried about being able to get the safety off? Anyway, I like it a lot better already. This is my EDC for a while…

102_5959.jpg

Wanted to post another comment about trigger springs. I started carrying my Beretta 92 again, and was doing some dry practice. The trigger spring broke for some reason. It broke several years ago after about 7,000 rounds. This time I only fired about 1,000 live rounds through it. The gunsmith ordered parts, but they are delayed. I have ordered my own to have on standby. Just wanted to mention it for other owners. You may want to have some extra on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bust'em View Post
    \This time I only fired about 1,000 live rounds through it. The gunsmith ordered parts, but they are delayed. I have ordered my own to have on standby. Just wanted to mention it for other owners. You may want to have some extra on hand.
    But how much dry fire did you do?

In any case, this can't be repeated too often. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to order a couple or three spares right now.

I didn't keep an accurate count of dry fire practice, but it was probably in the neighborhood of 500 trigger pulls.