Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Brent for putting the time and effort into these classes. It is great to be in AZ and able to train with Brent and the other Masters. I like the idea of being assigned homework and then working it through during the Zoom class. It definitely makes the zoom time more well spent.

As we discussed, a class idea for a WT audience would be striking with firearms, i.e. pistols, stakeouts and longarms.
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon_Spaf View Post
    That would be awesome. One topic I would be interested in are some drills to maximize striking power. But I love these combo drills, too. I have been working this one throughout the past few days. It is trickier than it looks.
    Yes, the combo on the video is trickier than it looks.

I'll think about what I can do for some power videos/zoom classes. The challenge on this one is that the things that differentiate what I teach is that it's hard to do in this format. It's kind of like a cooking show...you can see the process and get ideas but unless you can taste it, it's just not the same. But I will think on it, it's a good challenge.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by CaptShack View Post
    Thanks Brent for putting the time and effort into these classes. It is great to be in AZ and able to train with Brent and the other Masters. I like the idea of being assigned homework and then working it through during the Zoom class. It definitely makes the zoom time more well spent.

As we discussed, a class idea for a WT audience would be striking with firearms, i.e. pistols, stakeouts and longarms.
    Thanks Don, as always I appreciate the support! You have been a great example for others, coming to the classes and actually doing the homework every week (that really shows by the way).

These virtual classes aren't the same, I can't give the same level of attention to students, can't go hands on and feel what they're doing, etc. But it's better than nothing and I think there's some good work that we can do.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

I had a good time. I was blocking and striking all night.

Wish I could have made it to this one, but I had too much studying to do (law school finals starting next week). Definitely going to keep an eye on these things, though, in case I have a free evening soon. Semester is almost over...

Ok, I've been practicing these for most of the day. Maybe its age, or my coordination sucks, but these are much harder than they initially looked. Oh well, keep on truckin', went from really slow to just slow. Maybe tomorrow I'll be less slow :-)
    Thank you for the material !

Yeah, this one’s deceptively challenging. Keep at it though, it gets easier.

Happy you guys are enjoying it.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

Reminds me of my kenpo drills. Kajukembo worked this a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

We're doing another class this coming Wednesday. Class this time will be some pretty basic stuff (punches, kicks, blocks), but I will include a couple throwing techniques that might be unfamiliar to folks (specifically from the "nage waza" video in the playlist below).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bEIdO0qkxN0b8F
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

I got some requests to demonstrate how the drill might work in practice with a partner. You could do about any variation you want, this just shows a couple ideas.

Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes: