Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Spokelse416 View Post
    I heard trump speaking to something that kind of relates to this. He has been praising himself/his team for invoking the Defense Production Act. I don't know if I like that because that puts MORE POWER in the governments hands when it comes to corporations/production. I mean yeah it could be argued that its for "the greater good" but how many times have we seen throughout history that "greater good" turn into something else. I'm not a business man or CEO but I get wary when the government now says they own parts of businesses that were originally started by free entrepreneurs. I could be way off base as to what the DPA actually does but I also remember trump bad mouthing GM for basically not falling in line but then a few days later resend that statement saying they were "doing a great job" all of a sudden. So I wonder what was said/done to get them to that point..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Not meant to derail the thread, but arenít all GM products now made in China?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Yup...I know. But lets not get all anti-corporate. Corporations are the guys that employ all of you. I am a corporation. I created all of this not anyone else, and while my people get paid fairly, as the creator I am entitled to get paid more. Otherwise you have communism.

I would love to create a thread about why Americans buy Chicom stuff. The real reasons. Price is definitely a factor but the reason why things cost so much if they are made in the USA is not MY greed, it is due to what I have to pay to get shit made. Did you know that every firearm I make I have to pay the government 11% of what I charge you? So automatically, you eat that 11%.

And the slides should cost me alot less and you as well...but the EPA comes in and sets all manner of rules on my machine shops. There is a cost for compliance and thus who eats that? You guys do. How about tritium in the sights? Nylon products? All of that stuff you can get cheap from the Chicom Fuckers, American companies pay more to manufacture because the US Government comes in, sticks a gun up their nose and makes them pay.

Want more "affordable" US products, get the damn government out of our business.

Can't get enough .gov regulation.

Planning on some shopping at SI when I'm in the area looking at houses. No better way to support small businesses than paying in cash.

Anyway here are some USA made cookware (not affiliated with any, just sharing with the Tribe):

Liberty Table Top flatware- only 100% USA made flatware currently
    https://www.libertytabletop.com/

360 Cookware- Of note they make a US made slowcooker (both pot and heating element), along with good pots/pans
    https://www.360cookware.com/

Anchor Hocking- US glassware
    https://www.anchorhocking.com/

Pyrex- Good for storing leftovers
    Pyrex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post

Samsung and LG are still made in South Korea to the best of my knowledge. I don't believe Samsung makes anything in China (at least as far as IT stuff goes like SSD, RAM, USB drives. Can't comment on appliances) . But they do build some accessories in Vietnam and Taiwan.
    Unfortunately, no. You would think so, but the Korean companies have long-since outsourced smartphones to China as well. Similarly, Sony moved smartphone production from Japan to China a long time ago.

Samsung is actually looking at moving back to SK for obvious reasons, but it has not occurred yet.

So the point of the thread was not end up in the often sought after, and desperate, "We are all fucked anyways and there is nothing we can do". It is to begin somewhere. If every single smartphone has Chinese fingerprints on it (which I doubt), lets see what our options are

1). Not use any smart phones? Really? Its 2020 Mr. Amish farmer. You cannot live in modern society and be competitive economically or socially without one can you? So that one is a non-starter.

2). Use the phones you must have and pressure the market to build them OTC (other than China)?

What does an educated, first world person, not a hermit, decide?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Fuck China, I hope they read that..... Also what is China going to do, blame Chinese’s wealth in manufacturing on the cheap ass consumer and foreign policy. The US consumer and non nationlistic behavior is to blame, the whole of the United States is the Bargain basement crowd always �� for the cheapest shit. Almost everything you buy has been in Chinese hands at one point or another. If you don’t believe me, I will give you an example. Around 2008, I know for a fact that China was buying all of our scrap metal to make rebar and send it back. Tell me how that can be cheaper then just producing it in the United States with all of the freight and laybor involved.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I’m still waiting for China to blow up my phone.....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

It appears I was actually outdated, Samsung has already shuttered its Chinese factories. Google has also moved Pixel production to Vietnam, and Sony is moving to Thailand (no timeline on that, unfortunately).

Now, you may ask yourself if moving to India and Vietnam are really improvements, but both countries are fiercely opposed to the expansion of the Chicom regime. Vietnam, surprisingly, is sailing up to be an ally of the west due to its disputes with China in the South China Sea.

As Gabe said, don't let perfect be the enemy of the good. These phones are still reliant on the Chicom supply chain and will have various Chicom components in them. However, we need to start somewhere. Once those factories are up and running in other dirtholes, the supply chain will eventually move with them. It is simply efficient.