Default Glock Action Technical Question

So, having a dialog with a revolver guy about the carry of a semi-auto with a round chambered - discussing the relative safety merits of the different designs. A "fact" that I was hanging my hat on - and committed to following up on - is the following:

Pretty sure I read this somewhere, that a Glock trigger/striker "pre-cocked" for carry does NOT have enough spring power to go off. It requires the rest of the trigger stroke to compress the spring such that the striker has enough energy to pop a primer.

Yes, I realize that there still remains the trigger shoe safety, the drop safety etc. inherent in the design as well. (Along with operator responsibility) but I thought that one key in the design was that first step.

Can anyone confirm that? (Or candidly tell me that my memory is flawed?)

(Modified pistols, all bets are off, I get that.)

And no, this is not a debate whether a Glock is safe carried loaded, it is - just clarifying how the design works.

The firing pin spring is not compressed enough to fire the gun until the trigger is pulled. And the firing pin is blocked by the firing pin safety anyway (until the trigger is pulled and it disengages that safety) and the firing pin lug is held in place by the cruciform preventing forward travel until the trigger is pulled and the cruciform drops off the shelf. All of that has to happen for one to go "bang". So assuming the firing pin safety and spring are in good working order and the cruciform and firing pin lug have the appropriate amount of engagement it is largely a moot point anyway.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Don't forget that the trigger must move the trigger bar far enough to the rear to disengage the firing pin safety and far enough to move the cruciform off of the drop safety ledge.

Here is a good animation of the process:

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/20...a-glock-works/
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    The firing pin spring is not compressed enough to fire the gun until the trigger is pulled. And the firing pin is blocked by the firing pin safety anyway (until the trigger is pulled and it disengages that safety) and the firing pin lug is held in place by the cruciform preventing forward travel until the trigger is pulled and the cruciform drops off the shelf. All of that has to happen for one to go "bang". So assuming the firing pin safety and spring are in good working order and the cruciform and firing pin lug have the appropriate amount of engagement it is largely a moot point anyway.
    In red is what I was trying to confirm, thanks. I am in agreement that the design has multiple methods to prevent a "design failure" discharge - which I consider significantly different than a "negligent" discharge.