Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glock 48 Recommendations...

So I bought a G48 a couple days ago. This wasn't related to the current panic as I have enough guns and ammo that I don't worry about short term stupidity. I bought the G48 because as the warmer months approach I want something that conceals better than my G19 in shorts and t-shirt weather. Overall I'm very pleased with the pistol. It lacks the girth that my large hands are used to but it aims well and imprints far less than my G19. However, like all Glocks the stock trigger sucks and the grip is less tactile than I like leading me to asking for a couple recommendations...

1) The G48 seems to have a lack of aftermarket trigger support right now. I prefer one with a pull weight similar to a stock trigger but has less pre-travel and breaks very clean and crisp. Can anyone recommend a trigger for the G48 that meets those specs?

2) I'd like to get the frame stippled but am a little concerned about the thin walls compared to a larger Glock. Has anyone had any issues with theirs?

3) I have a flared magwell adapter on my G19 to aid in rapid magazine changes, does anyone make a magwell adapter for the G48?

Thanks in advance.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

Have you checked Gabe’s online store? I bet if it can be stippled Josh could do a real nice job for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

I had Josh stipple and put an SI trigger on my G48 and did a fantastic job, and shoot very well. Along with the 15 rnd metal mags it is a very good carry option. It will be in even better when I get the SI slide, RDS, and comp.
    Don M.
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

My 43 has a 48x frame, a Suarez RMR milled job with Suarez adapter, Suarez trigger and a stack of Shield 15 round magazines. Got about 500 rounds through it with the new magazines. It's one of my favorite firearms.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

I didn’t see any 48 triggers in the SI selection... I’ll look again, thanks.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

I generally stipple the frontstrap of my Glocks, and slightly undercut the trigger guard. But the 48's frontstrap seems a bit thin to me, so I've just left it stock. Looking at it, I could just barely undercut the trigger guard, but it hardly seems worth it. And it fits my hand pretty well as is. The backstrap could easily be stippled, but I don't really care for that.

The trigger disconnect is the same as the 43, so you can at least make that improvement to the trigger.
    Virtute et Armis

I just compared the trigger pulls between one of my 43's & my 43x.
    All of my 43's shipped with (-) connectors so they have a great pull
    from the gitgo. My 43x is a little heavier, but still very crisp. I'll tear
    it down to see what that connector is. The short version is, my SOP
    for new frames in to change the factory trigger out to an SI flat
    trigger, and nothing else. The flat trigger allows my finger to fall
    lower to it's natural position, which effectively lowers the felt
    trigger pull.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter76 View Post
    I didn’t see any 48 triggers in the SI selection... I’ll look again, thanks.
    They're in there. Go to the trigger you want and there will be a drop down menu for the different Glock models.
    If you can't find it call SI. They're probably happy to take your money over the phone.
    All of my Glocks including the G43 have an SI trigger. The triggers are excellent and SI customer support is the best in the industry.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    All of my Glocks including the G43 have an SI trigger. The triggers are excellent and SI customer support is the best in the industry.
    This. I just followed the link from above and they are there.