Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Gabe, thank you for sharing. I'm getting a bit old to play in the dirt with bang sticks but..... I don't trust anybody in government, period. No Messiah's and lots of Devils everywhere. I've had a whole lot of learning these last few decades has changed me for the better. I only wish I'd known these things when still a young man. God Bless you all.
    Last edited by fidalgoman; 03-25-2020 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Too mushy
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Well...if this shit (and that is exactly what it is) is not done by summer, I plan to lay myself off and collect unemployment.
    Lol... Dude this is fucked.... My people that I am working for said tomorrow is my last day because they are getting laid off... My other long term Guy is like 85 and he is scared of me giving him Corona Virus. I may get lucky and this other person wants a remodel done because they are stuck in their house and it makes them sick. But who knows at this point....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I will see if Vons is hiring, fuck it. Atleast I will have first dibs on food, plus I will figure out all the trucking routes Incase people start turning into targets...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

CA Gun Stores Staying Open Despite “Non-Essential” Classification
    Posted at 8:00 pm on March 24, 2020 by Tom Knighton

California Governor Gavin Newsom isn’t a fan of the Second Amendment. That’s true of many governors of anti-gun states, but Newsom really doesn’t like the Second Amendment.

As such, it’s not surprising that he decided gun stores weren’t essential businesses.

Of course, he’s wrong. For one thing, gun ownership is a constitutional right and he really doesn’t have the authority to declare otherwise. That means people should be permitted to buy a firearm. Yet California law makes it so you have to have a gun store open if you want to buy a gun.

Luckily, a lot of gun stores are ignoring Newsom.

Gun stores in San Diego County are seeing record sales during the coronavirus outbreak, but county officials say the stores should not be open under Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order. They say gun stores are not included in the list of “essential businesses.”

“We consulted with our county counsel. It is not our belief that gun stores are essential businesses, and they should not be open in the county of San Diego,” said County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher on Sunday.

Newsom’s office also sent KPBS a list of essential businesses, and gun stores were not on it. But gun-rights advocates and gun store owners say they are essential.

“We have no plans to close,” said David Chong, who owns AO Sword Firearms in El Cajon. “We have not heard any lawful order to shut down.”

Good for them.

Look, I’m smack dab in the middle of a Covid-19 hotspot. I have a number of neighbors with the virus right now. I get being concerned.

But do you know where we aren’t seeing the virus spread a whole hell of a lot? At gun stores. That’s because most of them are small enough to keep the numbers limited all on their own. Guns are selling quickly enough that it likely minimizes a lot of traffic.

Closing gun stores is nothing more than a pathetic attempt and curbing people exercising their Second Amendment right. What’s more, I think that’s precisely why Newsom opted to close them in the first place.

These gun stores are practicing civil disobedience and I, for one, applaud the hell out of them. They’re freaking Second Amendment heroes in my book.

Yes, the virus is serious and steps need to be made to try and contain the outbreaks. However, those steps need to be balanced with sanity or else we’ll end up with even bigger issues like a completely wrecked economy. As it is, gun stores aren’t exactly high-margin businesses. Many of them won’t survive if they don’t operate.

I know, I know. For Newsom, that’s a feature, not a bug, but still…

I’m glad to see this level of defiance is still something Americans can muster when times are tough. I ask each and every reader in the area to look at these stores and remember who stood defiant. Those are stores you need to patronize if possible. This kind of thing needs to be rewarded and rewarded long-term.
    From Bearing Arms
    "When you are hungry, it is foolish to hunt a tiger when there are plenty of sheep to be had." – Baader-Meinhof slogan

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Absolutely. Use the downtime to work on your skillset, your mindset and your gear. This will not be the last crisis, real, exaggerated, imagined, or manipulated. Be of value and be useful.

Don't forget weight training. Staying healthy and dangerous never goes out of style.

I would venture to say that the gentleman warrior is a sneaky bastard and won't be stopped in the first place, and if he is will have the believable creds to be left alone.

He will accomplish his mission, whatever it may be, in the words of Peter Mercer, "Not By Strength, by Guile".

What he won't do is "as he is told".

Reminds me of the thread in the Mind Dojo about creativity...every problem has a solution. An important distinction between a gentleman warrior and a soldier. The gentleman can think and act on his own initiative with his own goals.

Physical fitness at home training, double checking preps, reading good books, challenging yourselves.... we can all do this. This should always be done ANYHOW, but the "not enough time" excuse has been taken away.

Well...if this shit (and that is exactly what it is) is not done by summer, I plan to lay myself off and collect unemployment.
    Now that would be hilarious.

Trump argued he doesn’t want “to turn the country off” and see a continued economic downfall from the pandemic. He also said he worries the U.S. will see "suicides by the thousands" if coronavirus devastates the economy.

"We lose thousands and thousands of people a year to the flu. We don't turn the country off,” Trump said during the interview.

Trump added: “We lose much more than that to automobile accidents. We don't call up the automobile companies and say stop making cars. We have to get back to work.”
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

From my crystal ball:

40 million Californians were told to self imprison for 14 days.... and they did. If at the end of the end of the 14 days the Governor tries to extend the lockdown, 40 million people will say "fuck this shit" and it will all fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    From my crystal ball:

40 million Californians were told to self imprison for 14 days.... and they did. If at the end of the end of the 14 days the Governor tries to extend the lockdown, 40 million people will say "fuck this shit" and it will all fall apart.

I sure hope so
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!