Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amen to that and never ever assume crazy bastard is just a crazy loner. Could be but never assume anything he may have buddies or kin close by. Remember never such a thing as too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    As for the classic apelike posturing and "What are you gonna do, shoot me?," no vocal response is indicated. Actions speak, as necessary.
    So kind of a Zen sort of answer, then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    So kind of a Zen sort of answer, then, right?
    The inevitable union of the a**hole and the bullet.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

182. And a wakeup.

Concerning the to come LE interviews:
    My impression is that minors can't be interviewed without parent permission, and spouses can't be compelled to testify against spouses, but investigators sure would like to try and dig for differences in stories/perceptions. Having your family member be grilled is a hard to predict challenge. How will they respond to leading questions?

My response to this would depend on who is with me. My kids are under age, so that would be different.

In addition to this excellent commentary recommended reading

Trail Safe: How to Avoid Danger in the Backcountry

by Michael Bane
    Last edited by Catalina; 03-18-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: removes off site link

I appreciate everyone’s comments. For our LEO and former LEO members, since it may be hours to days until law enforcement are able to secure the scene do you see any benefits or detriment to doing something like taking pictures prior to evacuating the area? Should you secure any of the evidence? I always have empty ziplock bags in my pack for packing out trash etc.

My initial thoughts are yes to the first question and no to the second but I have a nagging thought that what if someone else happens upon the scene first and either contaminates it or takes the attackers weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindoc View Post
    I appreciate everyone’s comments. For our LEO and former LEO members, since it may be hours to days until law enforcement are able to secure the scene do you see any benefits or detriment to doing something like taking pictures prior to evacuating the area? Should you secure any of the evidence? I always have empty ziplock bags in my pack for packing out trash etc.

My initial thoughts are yes to the first question and no to the second but I have a nagging thought that what if someone else happens upon the scene first and either contaminates it or takes the attackers weapon.
    Video and crime scene photos shouldn't hurt. Video of the initial contact would be far better.

Why all the emphasis on reporting anything. If the MF had burnt you up in your tent, he would not have reported anything... why does he deserve better... I think there was a Burt Reynolds movie. something about a river in Georgia.... And some friends canoeing I don't remember exactly....

The forest critters will take care of the remains. I have read all of these big city folk responses and am chuckling. 7th and main is totally different from 7 feet from the creek and the pine tree....
    Last edited by sloughfoot; 03-24-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sloughfoot View Post
    Why all the emphasis on reporting anything. If the MF had burnt you up in your tent, he would not have reported anything... why does he deserve better... I think there was a Burt Reynolds movie. something about a river in Georgia.... And some friends canoeing I don't remember exactly....

The forest critters will take care of the remains. I have read all of these big city folk responses and am chuckling. 7th and main is totally different from 7 feet from the creek and the pine tree....