Default Red Dot Combat Pistol School, March 6-8, Orange, Texas

My wife and I just returned home from 3 straight days of Red Dot Combat Pistol School at Orange, Texas that was expertly taught by Jon Payne. Those three days was time well spent.

20200308_180707.jpg

I have attended this class with Jon a few years ago and he helped me learn how to utilize the red dot pistol and what enhancements to both hardware and software that might be helpful. In this recent class, using a variety of Glocks, finely crafted by Suarez personnel and applying the SI software, Jon has helped me to hone my skills to a very keen edge. The pistols that I used had improved texture, trigger, slides and comps by S.I. The G17 and G17 Guttersnipe has the Dark Alley Comp, the G19 has the Street Comp. Both versions of compensator are performance improvement devices.

My wife is new to the red dot pistol, so this class was important for her. About six weeks ago, she received her very own G43X, with all the S.I. improvements, including texture, trigger, milled slide, RMR and G43 Street Comp. I was able to get her familiar with the red dot system, so that Jon could teach her to improve her performance and allow her to keep pace with the men in class.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Back in August, Gabe posted a photo he took in some kind of grocery store. He asked if we would be able to make that 70-80 yard shot. I knew I couldn't. I don't think I had ever really considered such a long shot before.
    This weekend, while limited to 45-50 yards, we all were able to make 1st round hits on a torso sized steel target with ease.

I'm always impressed, but not surprised, by the quality of the SI instructors. Jon was able to set a fairly relaxed pace for the class. He was great a noticing and diagnosing any problems we ran into. We all left that class better gun fighters than we were prior.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

Confidence...that is what Red Dot Combat Pistol School is about.

Jon Payne demonstrating proper form to make first round hits on 1/2 sized silhouette steel.20200307_111936.jpg

Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Confidence...

My wife making hits on the hostage taker swinger target - 30+ yards - compromised position.

Now you know why I am so well mannered. 20200307_145249.jpg

Lee

Confidence...

Engaging a hostage taker. Note how the progression through the target array displays considerably smaller target, ranging from full face, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 face of the bad guy not occluded by the hostage.

Jon had us to engage at 3, 5, 7 and 10 yards, resulting in regular hits. On full and 3/4 face, we worked out to 15 yards, but as Jon stated, "This is beginning to get sketchy!"

In the past, I have used this target with iron sights at 7 yards and did OK, most of the time. My SI red dot Glock makes this challenging exercise easier than iron sights alone.

Confidence...
    20200307_142335.jpg

Lee

Got to agree with Popshot and Davy Sprocket.Awesome Instructor and Awesome Host.
    Many are able, few are willing .

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.

I’ve never had a class where the base line skill sets were this high. The shots these students were making look so easy wouldn’t be believed by the unwashed masses. The comparison of uncompensated pistols to the Street Comp and Dark Alley Comp was eye opening as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

The red dot makes you better. The drills and techniques taught in this class make you MUCH better. Since 2006, I have attended several SI classes. The quality of instruction and material covered have been consistently excellent in each and every class. Instructor John Payne provided insight, coaching, encouragement, and challenge in equal measures.

I am amazed that that so many people drop 1 or 2 kilobux on a fine red dot pistol but skip the training that lets them get the very most out of it. Or they buy another pistol instead of buying training for the one they have.

Guys, buy the training offered here. CRG, RDS, KWTL…there is a course for every need. You cannot waste money on SI training.

For the price of a new pistol and a few hundred rounds, you can learn how to fight with the weapon you have. Do it!