Default Hera G2 AR mags:

Anybody use these? Any good?
    The 2cd Amendment has no technological cut off date!
    The extermination of Islam before my dhimmitude!
    8-10-3 forever!
    The operative formerly known as Pug Puppy
    COBRA!

P-Mags exist, so no. When you can get proven, reliable P-Mags for $10, and new GI mags for around the same, I have to ask... why bother with anything else?
    Last edited by MesserMan; 02-09-2020 at 06:06 AM.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

I have a few as range mags. They function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    P-Mags exist, so no. When you can get proven, reliable P-Mags for $10, and new GI mags for around the same, I have to ask... why bother with anything else?
    This, so much this.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

So...I dunno...maybe we will get back into the AR world again. So many think they know but really don't know anything about rifles outside gun games or picking fights at a battalion level. The use for a single man on his own, or with a small band of otlaws...not snipers...is a different matter and has little if anything to do with three gun crap, or with much of what is being taught...but moving on.

I have a crapton of US GI M4 magazines dating back to the first Obama election. I used a handful when we ran the FS2000, and now keep a few loaded here and there..and as range mags. My grab-and-fight magazines are all Magpul Pmags or Lancer Mags. We had some 10,000 Lancer mags made up back in 2012 and they are just as good as Pmags, albeit a bit more costly. I use them for my 300 BO rifles and the Pmags for the 5.56.

A sure way to lose money and backrupt a new business is to get into the AR magazine market. Why on earth would somebody go out and buy something else, when GI, Magpul and Lancers are so available everywhere?

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    So...I dunno...maybe we will get back into the AR world again. So many think they know but really don't know anything about rifles outside gun games or picking fights at a battalion level. The use for a single man on his own, or with a small band of otlaws...not snipers...is a different matter and has little if anything to do with three gun crap, or with much of what is being taught...but moving on.

I have a crapton of US GI M4 magazines dating back to the first Obama election. I used a handful when we ran the FS2000, and now keep a few loaded here and there..and as range mags. My grab-and-fight magazines are all Magpul Pmags or Lancer Mags. We had some 10,000 Lancer mags made up back in 2012 and they are just as good as Pmags, albeit a bit more costly. I use them for my 300 BO rifles and the Pmags for the 5.56.

A sure way to lose money and backrupt a new business is to get into the AR magazine market. Why on earth would somebody go out and buy something else, when GI, Magpul and Lancers are so available everywhere?

In answer to the very last question, because the race to zero is real! You will get your throat slit over pennies per mag these days. Oh, it’s not just magazines either, hence PSA.

Well to give an answer to the quality of the Hera Mags:
    They work and hold up quite well, but they seem more fragile than Pmags.

I bought a couple on the side when they were available for a few bucks to throw around and drop in training as well as out of curiousity. (Took some 2Amend Mags for the same reason.)
    I would not recommend them for anything else, especially as mentioned when you can get Pmags for a few dollars more.

I echo the sentiment here about magpul. I run Pmags in both my ARs and in my glocks. 10s if not 100s of thousands of rounds through both platforms with hardly any hiccups. I trust my life to them. I’ve run other mags in the AR hexamag, Troy, Brownells, and they have worked pretty good for the most part. But I relegated those mags to strictly range use. If I’m taking a class or loading up the battle belt, it’s only Pmags.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    In answer to the very last question, because the race to zero is real! You will get your throat slit over pennies per mag these days. Oh, it’s not just magazines either, hence PSA.
    It is happening in every industry. Even in luxury items. It seems that as Americans make more money, they turn into bigger cheapskates.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    It is happening in every industry. Even in luxury items. It seems that as Americans make more money, they turn into bigger cheapskates.
    A lot of it is bro, they don’t use them. We are the 1%ers, all the other are consumers...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....