Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Last night I posted with an attempt to run the flowchart from both the police side and the crazy lady side. In short, late night posting after a long day is sub optimal. (The teachable moment being that any of us may someday have to try to be articulate while less than sharp.)

From the point of view of the resident because the police pov is already being discussed. Trying to set aside some things we know in hindsight, specifically that she was impaired and that the police really were the police.

You are in bed. You get startled awake by guys in uniform who say they are the police. They say you are coming with us against your will and that you don't have the option of de escalating this. You haven't done anything wrong, you know that and they say so too.

I know it's hard to separate the imagination from the known fact that they were real police. It's easy to put yourself in the good guy's shoes. Try to imagine being in the "unknown quantiy's" shoes. Imagine bein you, in bed, groggy on whatever level with armed people in your home.

Try running the flowchart from there.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    Last night I posted with an attempt to run the flowchart from both the police side and the crazy lady side. In short, late night posting after a long day is sub optimal. (The teachable moment being that any of us may someday have to try to be articulate while less than sharp.)

From the point of view of the resident because the police pov is already being discussed. Trying to set aside some things we know in hindsight, specifically that she was impaired and that the police really were the police.

You are in bed. You get startled awake by guys in uniform who say they are the police. They say you are coming with us against your will and that you don't have the option of de escalating this. You haven't done anything wrong, you know that and they say so too.

I know it's hard to separate the imagination from the known fact that they were real police. It's easy to put yourself in the good guy's shoes. Try to imagine being in the "unknown quantiy's" shoes. Imagine bein you, in bed, groggy on whatever level with armed people in your home.

"In bed, groggy" is one thing. Mentally ill - psychotically mentally ill - is quite another. Attempting to flow chart the psychotic is not practicable. The level of unpredictability is too great. You can take that from someone with a little experience dealing with "impaired" individuals in a law enforcement environment.

Hmmm, consider if a HAZMAT suited team arrives at your door stating they are taking you to quarantine....

Just another thought from the point of view of the resident.

This one has been interesting.

Good Post. Mine

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post

And the more the thought process has been made...mindless (not quite as applicable perhaps for thought...we should say AUTOMATIC) the less being at 100% will matter. Although you may not catch everything, if you know how to craft your statements, you will still be fine.

Well...other than not getting caught in Kesa gatame by having locks and security, etc. There are times when fighting RIGHT NOW may not be the best option. If you know the eyes of Mordor are upon you, certain precautions can be taken, and I doubt anything like that will happen totally unexpected

I know it's hard to separate the imagination from the known fact that they were real police. It's easy to put yourself in the good guy's shoes. Try to imagine being in the "unknown quantiy's" shoes. Imagine being you, in bed, groggy on whatever level with armed people in your home.

Well...lets leave the conspiracy thing where you have the goods on Hillary out of the picture. A real event...or a most likely event. Similar in context to being the focus of a felony stop by five two man units all armed with rifles. They kinda have you at that point and unless you want to commit suicide, you go along for the moment. Again...reality is a bitch. How likely is it that unless you move in very dark circles, that a SWAT Unit is going to make a surreptitious no-knock entry to your home and catch you asleep? How likely that they are really ISIS operatives disguised as cops?

Most likely, they made a mistake. Shit happens. Right wrong or indifferent...they have you at that point. Nothing you are really going to do to fight your way back. After it is over...harden your damned house and add counter-intrusion systems that cannot easily be circumvented or defeated.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    Mentally ill - psychotically mentally ill - is quite another. Attempting to flow chart the psychotic is not practicable. The level of unpredictability is too great. You can take that from someone with a little experience dealing with "impaired" individuals in a law enforcement environment.
    Agreed...I wonder about this one. If you are a crazy lunatic, can you imagine something and then use it as a basis for justification...after all you believed whatever you imagined to be the truth. My take...probably won't fly.

In today's world...if you are crazy...keep it to yourself.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters