Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    I can tell you what will likely happen. 40 gr bullets and a 1/7 twist generally cause separation of the jacket and core inside 100 yards. Unless loaded subsonic , which is just a theory of mine. I bet your bolt gun is a 1/12?

I know too fast a twist will spin it on its gravitational axis, not its bore axis which is "no bueno". Wouldn't be worth the experiment if you are limited in numbers of bullets IMO
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.

40grs and 50gr small varmint specific bullets ain't what this is about anyways.
    I'm only concerned with rounds for criminals, communists and jihadi types. Anti-AH rounds if you get my meaning.

I either buy Federal, Hornady or IMI. Or do my own precision reloading and use Hornady for my 5.56 loads.
    Either case 55gr is the lightest I go. And for now 68gr the heaviest.

A problem with ordering any pistol/rifle from out of state vendors is that almost all gun shops in my area are closed as a 'non essential business'. Hence no way of picking one up until these nonsensical decrees are lifted. Hmmm...curious gun control method it seems.

Nothing stopping you from ordering. Just have the shipping held until they reopen. And if there are delays in production or shipping you that much ahead of the guy who waited.
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    I can tell you what will likely happen. 40 gr bullets and a 1/7 twist generally cause separation of the jacket and core inside 100 yards. Unless loaded subsonic , which is just a theory of mine. I bet your bolt gun is a 1/12?

I know too fast a twist will spin it on its gravitational axis, not its bore axis which is "no bueno". Wouldn't be worth the experiment if you are limited in numbers of bullets IMO
    That's what I'm thinking. They are for a different niche than this gun fits, they are exactly right for the niche the bolt gun fits. (Correct guess re the 1:12)

If your FFL chickened out and closed due to the flu there is an easy peasy way to bypass them. Send us your never built lower. We assemble a Commando on it and send your firearm back to you directly.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

While I may adjust my store hours during this bullshit, I am available for any of our Texas Tribesman for FFL transfers. Hell, Iíve even sat behind a keyboard and helped a customer pick and choose their Suarez International order. Not sure what options you want on your Suarez International Glock or AR? I can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

I am calling the shop on monday to order a tier one complete weapon. But do to the kung flu FFL’s in my state are supposed to be closed. Anybody have a line on a New Mexico FFL who will transfer this to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak101187 View Post
    I am calling the shop on monday to order a tier one complete weapon. But do to the kung flu FFL’s in my state are supposed to be closed. Anybody have a line on a New Mexico FFL who will transfer this to me?
    Find a kitchen table ffl. They may make you wait till after the shut down (if it's a gov ordered thing, they probably have to) but being a work from home business they may at least answer the phone.

Go to gunbroker, use the "find an ffl" feature, punch in your zip code. You will get names with phone and email. Someone is willing to earn a transfer fee.

It looks like after doing some more research FFL’s in NM are allowed to sell to customers as long as its an online order.