Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Modern Resistance vs. WW II

As a long time WW II history buff I've always been fascinated by the impact of Resistance fighters in eastern Europe. A thought occurred to me that here in the USA in the highly unlikely event a foreign government prevailed in defeating the US Military, occupation of America would be extremely difficult given the access of weapons, large number of veterans, and skilled civilians. The balance of assets in WW II between Resistance fighters and the AXIS was extreme yet they created a great deal of havoc upon the enemy. It seems that in our modern world the resources needed to subdue American citizens in this unlikely scenario would be overwhelming and could certainly be a deterrent in any thoughts of occupation. Thoughts?
    A government that fears arms in the hands of it's people should also fear ROPE!

- Nathan Bedford Forrest about 1845

I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Red Dawn scenarios occupy less than none of my mental capacity.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Well...there are great studies done on 4th Generation Warfare and the matter is studied at war colleges around the world. The world today is vastly different than the world of WW2.

People and ideas cannot be contained, and communications happen in the blink of an eye. I will also say that the concept of nation becomes diluted the larger that nation becomes. There was nothing to hold the USSR together when the people of that region decided that self was more important. That happens when the forces of unification lose any control over them.

I see that today in the EU and in the USA. People in Texas feel nothing in common with those from New York, as an example and vice-versa. So rather than a nation of 50 states, what we really are in a collection of fifty borderless nations with a common language and currency. In addition...occupation is a dastardly inefficient thing to establish and maintain and even a super power cannot do it easily. Witness Afghanistan through Britain, Russia and now the USA.

There are far better ways to dominate nations today so that even those who live there cannot tell what happens. And in ways that their nrmal standard of living is not diminished and their safety and hope for a future doesn't change. For an indig group to take up arms things must get very ugly and very grim. Blood must be shed injudiciously and continually and the hope for the future must have been extinguished.

Nobody is going to get Ben Martin because a law is passed or a tax is levied. There are those who say they will do this and do that if the government does this or does that but they are either blustering puffery, or they are agent provocateurs.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

"There are those who say they will do this and do that if the government does this or does that but they are either blustering puffery, or they are agent provocateurs."

Gabriel Suarez

He is right. The proof is all the "I'm going to move to Canada if Trump (fill in the space) crowd".

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    He is right. The proof is all the "I'm going to move to Canada if Trump (fill in the space) crowd".
    Would that count as a campaign promise?

Sadly, they are still here.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

187. And a wakeup.

having travelled and worked in Central and South America, Europe and Africa...all places that have seen lengthy and bloody revolutions, I can say this - and it may upset the snakeflaggers, promisekeepers, and others. If I am wrong, prove it.

Think of what it would take for you to have nothing to lose. To not care whether you live or die because you have so much grief and anger and hate for the other side that nothing but shedding blood will get your mind off your pain. I have seen it in person so unless you have walked in those places do not fucking lecture me about Bunker Hill. I also lived through this bullshit in Cuba. My first memory as a four or five year old kid was seeing the Communist Militia drag a man out into the street and shoot him in the head in front of his family. I recall wondering why the blood looked different than the color of the fire engine I was playing with.

Want to know what will happen in the USA? Not a god damned fucking thing. OMG...I used foul language!! Yes I did buttercup. That is the language of battle. ANd as it is now unless I do that people are too busy to read things. Why won't all the brave patriots do anything? Because nobody's family has been raped en masse. Nobody's homes have been burned down. Nobody's bank account has been raided. Nobody's father, brother, husband has been dragged out into the street and executed. Nobody has collected the dead and horrifically tortured and disfigured body of a loved one. THAT is what it takes to get a shooting war started and nothing less.

The USA is bound to fragment. It is inevitable. It happens with every big collective in history. Let me list them for those who were playing with themselves during history class while I was listening. The Greek Empire, the Roman Empire, the Spanish Empire, the British Empire, the Russian based USSR, the European Union, and yes boys, girls and the undecided...the US of A will eventually do likewise.

People want to be left alone. That is what I saw in all my travels no matter where I was and who i spoke to. And when they are not left alone, they will take their business, their money and their families and go where they are welcomed. My family did that with Cuba and Americans are doing the same motherf****** thing everyday when they leave NY, IL, MA, CA, etc. and move to other states where they will....wait for it...be left the fuck alone. I did it as well in 2002. And that is what will happen in the USA.

No armed "WOLVERINES!!" rebellions or anything anywhere near as romantic as that. Regular people that want to BLTFA (Be Left the Fuck ALone) will sell their overpriced homes and move to places where their wishes and their money will be welcomed. Nobody is going to arm up and invade Sacramento or NYC...come on dude, wake the hell up. Guys will pack up their kit and go somewhere else. Trust me...after what I saw in the places I have been...doing that beats the living shit out of playing Ben Martin.

In VA...if the leftist laws are passed, nobody is going to start a shooting war out of it. What will happen is a microcosm of the rest of the nation. Some areas will be Free VA, and other areas will be Commie VA. The determining factor will be the local militia (ie. Police and Sheriff Agencies) and their positions on the matter. Those with assets will not wager on the future and will sell out and move to Texas or AZ.

THAT my friends is reality the division and polarization of the USA. And I for one do not think it is a bad thing.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Who is Ben Martin?
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    Who is Ben Martin?
    Hint....Mel Gibson portrayed him in a revolutionary war film :-)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    Who is Ben Martin?
    The fuck?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities