Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I make my own body armor out of old phone books and lead wheel weights....

Just kidding. After wearing plates all over the world for over 15 years, hereís what I can add to the conversation. Look at what the cool guys are wearing. Thatís usually the bench mark. When they start using stuff like this, thatís when it might be time to purchase a set for individual use. Other than that, I donít spend much time thinking about it. Itís a little too esoteric for me. You can quickly get lost in the numbers.
    According to a novel I read recently, the coolest of the cool guys are wearing some kind of liquid-based magic tech that's so lightweight and flexible that it can be made into a suit that covers the entire body...

Novel.... Mike..... no. I've been shot and shot at in multiple theaters. The standard hasn't changed except in the civilian market. Know why? Civilians buy stupid shit at twice the market value. If Sua and I can survive more than decades each of direct operations experience and we dont know, there isnt a source that will.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 02-19-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

The novel thing was a joke... note the big grin emoji thingy

Ok watched the promo vid and looked at the pics. Has similar appearance to the dragonskin armor of a few years ago. We know how that worked out. I would like to see it tested with force gauges on the backface side to measure blunt force trauma, maybe its a new tech , time will tell.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Ok watched the promo vid and looked at the pics. Has similar appearance to the dragonskin armor of a few years ago. We know how that worked out. I would like to see it tested with force gauges on the backface side to measure blunt force trauma, maybe its a new tech , time will tell.
    This was my thought as well. Plates only protect so much, trauma of the impact without penetration is bad enough with plates. Soft armor only? That has to be thru the roof.

Backface deformation on will kill you just as dead as penetrating rounds do? Here’s an easy non scientific quirky experiment, put on you favorite soft armor, let Brent strike you in the chest, switch to a rifle plate, steel, ceramic, or poly, try and talk Brent into punching you in the armor and not the face? Again, that’s not a scientific test, but soft armor against 2000-3500 FPS METAL isn’t something I’m willing to chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Backface deformation on will kill you just as dead as penetrating rounds do? Here’s an easy non scientific quirky experiment, put on you favorite soft armor, let Brent strike you in the chest, switch to a rifle plate, steel, ceramic, or poly, try and talk Brent into punching you in the armor and not the face? Again, that’s not a scientific test, but soft armor against 2000-3500 FPS METAL isn’t something I’m willing to chance.

I firm tap with a ball peen hammer will give you a "feeling" for it.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time