Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Fun Topic, cowboy boots anyone?

Those that wear them, what do you have, what do you like, why do you like them? Color preference? Where’d you get them and how long have you had them?

Right now I currently have a pair of Ariat Sport I’ve been in for about 7 years and have a pair of Justin Bent Rail originals on the way. I’m not going to lie, I like the traditional look but the modern features like non slip soles and the like. I stick to browns and tans because I prefer a cap toe Oxford with a suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

I’ve been wearing ariat slip on for three years. The ones I get look like cowboy boots but have a boot sole. They work good and their waterproof, and I do keep a good set that look good...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

No square toes for me though...:)
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I have several pair of Dan Post. I have a narrow heel and they fit me perfect out of the box. Everything from leather to snake to eel to lizard to ostrich to alligator.

I hated cowboy boots when I grew up on the farm...I either wore construction type boots or tennis shoes depending on what we were doing. But I wear cowboy boots a lot now when I'm out and about. I guess you could say they are shit kickers, though not for bovine droppings.

I've got an old pair of brown Tony Lamas that I've had since my first year in college. Those things are tough and have held up surprisingly well and still look decent. I've replaced the inner sole but otherwise they're good to go and still get used.

I've had a couple of Nocona boots...most comfortable boots I've ever had and I wore the sole out of both of em.

My favorite is a pair of ostrich leg Lucchese, very comfortable and sharp. I don't wear those out in the wet in Seattle...which means I mostly wear these when I go down to AZ.

Brown, tan, black, round toe, square toe...all good. Only thing I don't care for are the really pointy types, they're just not my style. I like the idea of rubberized soles (and I have a couple of those) but all the boots I really like and find most comfortable are traditional types.

I like cowboy boots for flying. Easy to take on and off for the Security Theater.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Close Range Gunfighting 3, Oregon
    Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Only pair I have or ever owned is Double H in Bison leather with the ICE sole. Not something I wear a lot but i do enjoy them.
    When i was shopping I didnt know what i was looking for. My only real requirement was that they were US made.
    Last edited by psalms23dad; 01-28-2020 at 04:18 AM.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

I have and have had a huge number of boots since HS. I currently have a pair of J toe, Lucchese, cow hide, leather sole, pull on Ropers. Lucchese toe (square), caimans, don't remember the brand, leather sole, pull on Roper. Lucchese toe, bull hide, crepe sole, Ropers, from Twisted X. and a pair of J toe, Twisted X, bison hide, Riding boots that have a shaft up to my knees with a really tall riding heel and pronounced spur shelf and smooth rubber sole.

Boots that I've had that I loved were both lase on Ropers, Ariat and Justin work boots. Both great for every day wear. As a side note Ariat was my only major sponsor when I was riding Pro bulls, and the only reason I scored them was because they were new to the market at the time 95' ish.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I have and have had a huge number of boots since HS. I currently have a pair of J toe, Lucchese, cow hide, leather sole, pull on Ropers. Lucchese toe (square), caimans, don't remember the brand, leather sole, pull on Roper. Lucchese toe, bull hide, crepe sole, Ropers, from Twisted X. and a pair of J toe, Twisted X, bison hide, Riding boots that have a shaft up to my knees with a really tall riding heel and pronounced spur shelf and smooth rubber sole.

Boots that I've had that I loved were both lase on Ropers, Ariat and Justin work boots. Both great for every day wear. As a side note Ariat was my only major sponsor when I was riding Pro bulls, and the only reason I scored them was because they were new to the market at the time 95' ish.
    Ok.... what?! You were a bull rider!!??
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Ok.... what?! You were a bull rider!!??
    Yep, got my pro card between my Jr. and Sr. year of HS after riding amateur for only a couple of months. Did it for about 5.5 years.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

My everyday boots are a pair of Justin Work Boots. I don't know the line or model. Brown, square toe, composite safety toe, waterproof, and work boot sole.

Got them at Tractor Supply here local and just got a new pair after the first pair got Malinois-ed after just over two years.
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

When every instant counts, help is only minutes away...

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam"