Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I went thru the guns, I discovered that I really like the AR pistol concept. I started with 5.56 10.5" then 7.5" then 7.5" 300 AAC.

Being a poor guy I don't have a can and all of those are loud. I use primarily 40 S&W Glocks, why the 40? I like the round and have lots of ammo. My next evolution was 40 S&W AR pistol. I went with an 8.5" BBL and recently upgraded to TACCOM'S delayed recoil system. Contract 155's zip along between 1350 @ 1400 fps and are fairly loud, 180's on the other hand are suprisingly quiet and pleasant to shoot.

The 40 is my go to for 2 and 4 legged threats and viable at least to 100 yards. Appology for the upside down pic.
    20180917_112703.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
    I went thru the guns, I discovered that I really like the AR pistol concept. I started with 5.56 10.5" then 7.5" then 7.5" 300 AAC.

Being a poor guy I don't have a can and all of those are loud. I use primarily 40 S&W Glocks, why the 40? I like the round and have lots of ammo. My next evolution was 40 S&W AR pistol. I went with an 8.5" BBL and recently upgraded to TACCOM'S delayed recoil system. Contract 155's zip along between 1350 @ 1400 fps and are fairly loud, 180's on the other hand are suprisingly quiet and pleasant to shoot.

The 40 is my go to for 2 and 4 legged threats and viable at least to 100 yards. Appology for the upside down pic.
    20180917_112703.jpg

Is that a Kaw Valley Linear Comp? I have a linear comp on my 10.5 inch AR and at the ear it is really pleasant to shoot outdoors. Indoors I'm sure would be a different matter, but I haven't had the pleasure to do much of that aside from indoor range shooting, which I hate for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Is that a Kaw Valley Linear Comp? I have a linear comp on my 10.5 inch AR and at the ear it is really pleasant to shoot outdoors. Indoors I'm sure would be a different matter, but I haven't had the pleasure to do much of that aside from indoor range shooting, which I hate for other reasons.
    It is.

In my opinion, if you're not running a suppressor on a rifle caliber shorty, you need a linear break. It's good for you, good for your night vision, and good for anyone working on your left and right.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    In my opinion, if you're not running a suppressor on a rifle caliber shorty, you need a linear break. It's good for you, good for your night vision, and good for anyone working on your left and right.
    This is a good point.

Most of my social ammo has flash retardant in it, but that's not always possible. If you're not in the suppressor game, a brake like that makes sense.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Forgive my ignorance. Linear comp == linear break right?

yep
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

yep
    Ok. The one on my 10.5 inch 5.56 honestly makes it seem quieter than my 16 inch with a2 style.

Interesting read and now I think it might be fun to add a 300 pistol to the family...

For 300 pistols what's the verdict on DI systems vs piston systems?

The advantage I'm see with piston systems is better handling of both super and subsonic ammo via adjusting the gas flow into the piston. But I've seen some DI systems that claim to run both too..

ALL of my M4 rifles are DI
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters