Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I savaged a 6' python with my .300 BO running subs suppressed. While the quietness was nice, the super's ballistics would have been nice.The python moving fast through tall grass = $20 of ammo.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016

So is anyone using a .300 bo as a nightstand gun? I was thinking with supersonics and a suppressor it would be a good choice for that role but I've only seen one other person mention it.

Gabe, I know you run a shotgun for home defense and Greg has recommended the same to me in the past I'd just prefer a single projectile with the kids. Longest shot is > 16 paces inside home.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    I savaged a 6' python with my .300 BO running subs suppressed. While the quietness was nice, the super's ballistics would have been nice.The python moving fast through tall grass = $20 of ammo.
    While the rest of the nation is out hunting deer peeps in florida are chasing pythons haha.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    While the rest of the nation is out hunting deer peeps in florida are chasing pythons haha.
    Pythons, bear, panther, pig, and the occasional turkey is pretty much all there is in the Everglades. Oh, and a bazillion gators.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    So is anyone using a .300 bo as a nightstand gun? I was thinking with supersonics and a suppressor it would be a good choice for that role but I've only seen one other person mention it.

Gabe, I know you run a shotgun for home defense and Greg has recommended the same to me in the past I'd just prefer a single projectile with the kids. Longest shot is > 16 paces inside home.
    I'm using a 10.5 inch .300 with an Inforce light and loaded with Barnes 110 grain TAC-TX. Ive done well with it in a few local matches also,the difference in muzzle blast verses a .556 in the same length is obvious.

The 8.5 .300 is my duty rifle , Ive written about it before, noting that in retrospect I would have made it as a pistol vice an SBR. I also noted that the TAC-13 has become the "upfront" weapon lately due to the nature of the tasks recently. However, when a rifle is needed, thats the one I grab

Flip up irons, good reddot, inforce light mounted 12 oclock, angled foregrip, and GMT300 suppressor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    If you wanna sell it cheap let me know. I could savage a company with it in an urban environment
    Greg, you could probably savage a company with an old gym sock. But yeah, "Buyer's remorse" was too strong a term relating to my 5.56 pistol.. LOL

I didn't intend to infer that the 5.56 pistol isn't a tremendous tool. But for my rural civilian needs, it doesn't bring as much to the table as the 300 BLK pistol does so adding it to my tool set didn't add much, if anything, for those AR pistol jobs.

That said, adding a 5.56 pistol to my tool set did make my 5.56 carbines look a lot less essential (again, in my situation). I think the 5.56 AR pistol does a lot of the jobs an AR carbine does (at least the ones I'm remotely likely to need) and does them with a lighter, handier platform. The Stakeout and PointMan had the same effect on my full-size shotguns and the SI RMR Glock PDW pretty much ruined me for other PCCs/SMGs (though I still think the CZ EVO is cool). Small is good.

My point to the OP and others considering an AR pistol is; if you don't have one and aren't married to the 5.56 cartridge for some reason, the 300 blackout has some significant advantages in a pistol platform. Among those are better functionality in shorter barrels, larger, heavier projectiles, less muzzie blast and better suppression. Also, if you are invested in 5.56 as a caliber, you'd be well served by adding a 5.56 pistol...but more as an improvement on your 5.56 carbine roles than as an improvement on your 300 BLk pistol.
    Last edited by DogDoc; 01-30-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Doc, good post. This is essentially articulating the identifying of Role and Envelope in your decision making process and is exactly how we are attempting to teach people to think that some seem unable to grasp.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

20181205_182612.jpg
    A place for everything and everything in its place
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    In urban settings, I would opt for the 556 for various reasons too numerous for this post.
    Thatís a really interesting preference. Trying to follow why. Bears are more impressed with 300blk so get the preference for the woods. In urban, I still like the quite and the barrel length of 300blk over 556. I keep a Sig Rattler in the car for a rifle caliber small backpack gun.

Glad you posted about the difference in accuracy at 300+ My BCM 300blk does not group as well at distance and my 556 uppers do.