Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: POOR KOBE

I'm not holding the made up rape charge against him. That case smelled like bullshit from the beginning. I have watched him play and he was impressive. At the end of the day I dont give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
    My main takeaway for all those who died in that copter crash:

Was it worth it to make the very poor decision to fly a helicopter in bad, even deteriorating, weather to attend a basketball event? Was it that important? No.

It is the pilot’s responsibility to protect himself and passengers from harm, even death. No matter the pressure from his employer, the safety obligations trump any pressure he may have received. At any point he could have landed that bird in a parking lot or field. Instead he chose to fly into fog/clouds under “special” Visual Flight Rules (not Instrument Flight Rules for which he was supposedly certified and the ‘copter supposedly well-equipped).

I have no particular fan boy appreciation for anyone on that chopper other than my normal reverence for innocent lives. If my conclusion that this was purely “pilot error” proves wrong, so be it.
    Am I the only one whose first thought was the father of the girl he raped in Colorado years ago finally got his revenge?

Given what both Bryant and his accuser told the police, I think the odds are he was guilty. But at the very least, he could have learned some lessons on interrogation and articulation from Warrortalk:

“Um, she showed me around the pool, showing me around, um, we went to my room, she showed me the back view where the bears come up to the window, and that’s about fucking it, we shot the shit and that was it,” Bryant told police. He then denied three times that anything had happened with the woman to police, and when informed that the accuser had made an allegation of sexual assault against him, told the officers, “Is there any way I can settle this whatever it is, I mean…?” asked Bryant. “If my wife, if my wife found out that anybody made any type of allegations against me, she would be infuriated.”

When police informed him that the accuser had submitted to a physical exam and they’d taken semen and blood evidence from her person, Bryant admitted that the two had sex. “Uh, this is what I need to know because uh, I did have sexual intercourse with her,” said Bryant, adding, “It was totally consensual.”

Bryant told the officers that when he and the accuser got back to the room, she showed him her back tattoo and then kissed him, and they began to kiss. When the officers asked Bryant whether she said no or resisted, Bryant replied, “OK. I’m thinking, I’m thinking, I’m thinking. (Pause.) I’m trying to think of the conversation we had.”

There's more, a lot more, including Bryant's admission that he likes to choke a woman with whom he has frequent adulterous sex ("it's what we do, she'll tell you the same shit"--and just happens to be what the accuser said happened to her, resulting in bruises):

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-b...alf-confession

(I'm not a reader of the Daily Beast, of course, but it's the first thing that came up on a search about the case. I didn't remember any outcome to the case, wanted to see what happened. Assuming the author quoted the police transcripts accurately, it's damning, despite the accuser's obvious naivete in going to the room in the first place.)
    Last edited by Sancap; 02-02-2020 at 02:05 PM.