Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I dont know anything about their handgun optics, but earlier in the year I rolled the dice and picked up a HS403B for my SBR 9mm. I was wary, as its Chicom made and not very expensive, but at that price point what the heck. So far its been great. The battery tray is not my favorite, but its held zero and the glass is nice and clear. Sharp 2 MOA dot, very daylight visible. I have compared it side by side with my Aimpoint T1, no real difference except the dot is slightly smaller. I think Holosun is stepping up its game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Demosthenes View Post
    Maybe this is Holosunís Off the Grid offering. Have they (should they have) hidden a USB charging port in the housing for off-duty and powerbank charging options?
    Great idea, Ted. That is what Holosun should add. As mentioned like others, my RMR is cover all day and goes in the nightstand at night. It would be easy to have a charging cord to plug in the sight at night and keep it charged up. I do not see a problem with unplugging that little cord if you have to grab the gun in the middle of the night. Since what was shown is a prototype maybe Holosun will get feedback on Ted's idea and incorporate it. Send them an e-mail, Ted.

Charging port? Very 90s. There's wireless charging now. No need for a hole in the body.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Charging port? Very 90s. There's wireless charging now. No need for a hole in the body.
    That would be cool, just put the charging pad on your night stand. When you go to bed at night just lay your Glock and your phone on it, presto, both are good to go any time during the night and 100% in the morning.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    I am kinda curious just how the solar part would actually work. My G19 is either on my hip under cover (concealed), or in a dark safe. ?? How would one utilize a solar charged RDS for a handgun as a EDC weapon? Maybe a Patrol Officer who open carries? Just not sure I understand the solar option thing. What am I missing?
    It still contains a (fixed) battery. So with "2000 hours from a 6 hour charge." you get ~80 days. Must be assuming you leave it out by a window etc to get a charge. Guess you can pop the slide off and leave it ontop of your safe once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Now that we are all using red dots on pistols, it behooves the manufacturers to find ways to shrink the size of the optic to fit its actual platform. A minor reduction in girth is quite evident. What I really want to see is an RDS that is sized to properly fit a G43. It may be a few more years before we see that, but there is definitely a market for it. Holosun moves at such a rapid development pace (at least when compared to Trijicon) that I suspect they will be the first to release such an animal.
    It's already here... The 507K.
    It uses the Shield/Romeo Zero footprint and fits on the 43/48 as well as other narrow slides such as the 365.

Last edited by John_Frederick; 01-24-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Default HOLOSUN H508T - A FAST AND QUICK BRIEFING

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Shack*!!! Even better Sam. You younger guys are just faster....

(* AF pilot slang for bullseye)
    Last edited by Ted Demosthenes; 01-24-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    It's already here... The 507K.
    It uses the Shield/Romeo Zero footprint and fits on the 43/48 as well as other narrow slides such as the 365.

Well, I'll be damned. Anybody here run one? Is this the new-and-improved Holosun, or the Holosun of 2012?
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Well, I'll be damned. Anybody here run one? Is this the new-and-improved Holosun, or the Holosun of 2012?
    It was just shown at SHOT... Should be available very soon.

Regarding the 508T... I have been extremely happy with mine so far.
    My only gripe is the auto-adjust is so inferior to the RMR its worthless. The solution is to run it in manual.
    The Circle Dot + Street Comp equals never losing sight of the dot... It never even leaves the window.
    And I have a 507 on my 1301 which has survived 12g punishment without issue... The Circle Dot on a Shotgun goes together better than Peanut Butter with Jelly.