Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Omega, tag, breitling are good watches, sort of like a Toyota Camry is good car. Some would prefer a Porsche or Lamborghini.
    Are you attempting to say that Rolex is the Lamborghini? Personally I prefer a time piece that actually, you know, keeps time. If the lambo isn't running is it more useful than the Camry?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

621D0ACE-D2D2-4205-919D-7916BD79E452.jpg

30+ years and going strong...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Are you attempting to say that Rolex is the Lamborghini? Personally I prefer a time piece that actually, you know, keeps time. If the lambo isn't running is it more useful than the Camry?
    I think you may have misjudged the intent of the analogy. To 'watch guys', like myself, and I would venture a guess given HW'S comment that he is one as well, certain brands are preferred over others to collectors and aficionados for lack of a better term. To you, a custom made Suarez Glock is de rigueur as opposed to a Hi Point or Taurus. Certain brands given their history, movements, innovations, design, are preferred over others and are more desirable. I prefer Porsches (and have two) over other vehicles, others prefer Fords, to each his own. All watches mentioned appeal to a different group of individuals, Tudors are good, but if you can afford a Submariner you're not going to purchase a Pelagos.

Watch guy here......If you look at the history of Tudor which is the other side of Rolex and throughout history has shared cases and movements mostly. Rolex is chained from innovation of materials as well as technology so as not to offend their base of traditional customers who have worshipped at the altar of Submariner. Much like the Volvo's and Volkwagon's of the 60's- 80's they could only change a small detail which was mostly imperceptable. This appeased their loyal customer base. Well Rolex asked Tudor ( same company ) to innovate and make a better Sub with modern materials and well as technology. Tudor came up with an in house movement, utilized titanium as opposed to 316 stainless which scratches. and they utilized a ceramic bezel with newer types of Lume which included a luminous ceramic bezel. Additionally The Tudor Pelagos is depth rated to 500 meters as opposed to Submariners 300 meters. I have a collection of automatic watches and am blessed to be able to choose Rolex.. However my due diligence and logic led me to become aware that the Rolex Submariner is yesterdays technology. This is not a smear on Rolex. In Europe motorcycle enthusiasts laugh at Americans obsolete fascination and worship of Harley Davidson brand. Europeans look at Harleys as low torque , inferior technology 50's technology. But don't tell that to a 55-60 year old Dentist who is pursuing his badazz rejuvenation and personal search for his fountain of youth ? ......... IOW " To each his own ?"
    Last edited by dondy66; 02-16-2020 at 09:23 AM.

I can afford a Submariner, but I bought an Omega SMP ( which IMHO is better timepiece ) and two Datejust, one for me and one for the XO. Found myself wearing the Omega 6 times as much as the Datejust so I flipped it. When it comes to resell value more models of Rolex hold well as compared to Omega, but there are models of the Speedmaster and Seamaster that hold their value just as well if not slightly better many Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Red Dot Combat Pistol School Orange TX March 6-8, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by dondy66 View Post
    Watch guy here......If you look at the history of Tudor which is the other side of Rolex and throughout history has shared cases and movements mostly. Rolex is chained from innovation of materials as well as technology so as not to offend their base of traditional customers who have worshipped at the altar of Submariner. Much like the Volvo's and Volkwagon's of the 60's- 80's they could only change a small detail which was mostly imperceptable. This appeased their loyal customer base. Well Rolex asked Tudor ( same company ) to innovate and make a better Sub with modern materials and well as technology. Tudor came up with an in house movement, utilized titanium as opposed to 316 stainless which scratches. and they utilized a ceramic bezel with newer types of Lume which included a luminous ceramic bezel. Additionally The Tudor Pelagos is depth rated to 500 meters as opposed to Submariners 300 meters. I have a collection of automatic watches and am blessed to be able to choose Rolex.. However my due diligence and logic led me to become aware that the Rolex Submariner is yesterdays technology. This is not a smear on Rolex. In Europe motorcycle enthusiasts laugh at Americans obsolete fascination and worship of Harley Davidson brand. Europeans look at Harleys as low torque , inferior technology 50's technology. But don't tell that to a 55-60 year old Dentist who is pursuing his badazz rejuvenation and personal search for his fountain of youth ? ......... IOW " To each his own ?"
    To digress, I have a new 2020 BMW R nine T, a traditional looking cafe racer, and an older R6 (2017), I'd have to agree with the European view of Harley Davidson, always found them dreadful. Ok, new can of worms, possibly new non-gun thread :-) as well.

Possible candidates for topics include : Motorcycles, Timepieces, Optics, Cigars ( Cuban's Vs. Nicaraguan's ?) New Vs. Old ? : )

Quote Originally Posted by dondy66 View Post
    Possible candidates for topics include : Motorcycles, Timepieces, Optics, Cigars ( Cuban's Vs. Nicaraguan's ?) New Vs. Old ? : )
    Cigars ! Indeed ! Though I limit myself to 2, rarely3 /week usually on weekends, it is a continual topic of debate in my present location. Current favorites include patron serie 1926 #6, and Juan Lopez seleccion 2, the latter can be obtained where I reside, both are outstanding, I've always enjoyed a simple montecristo classic #3 which is Dominican a well. Let's compare !